What needs to be done to support multiple languages in plugins

I think @bonienl is going to detail things after the "design guide" for plugins and multi language is finalized and some procedural process for submitting translations on plugins gets worked out.

And no, it doesnt break anything for backwards compatibility, as you can tell since most of my plugins and all of the dynamix ones (and UD) support multi language.  (But I went about backwards compatibility slightly differently than the official method)

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Squid said:

I think @bonienl is going to detail things after the "design guide" for plugins and multi language is finalized and some procedural process for submitting translations on plugins gets worked out.

And no, it doesnt break anything for backwards compatibility, as you can tell since most of my plugins and all of the dynamix ones (and UD) support multi language.  (But I went about backwards compatibility slightly differently than the official method)

Do we have a best guess ETA on that?  

1 hour ago, dorgan said:

Do we have a best guess ETA on that?  

I've been converting several of my plugins following the rule book with great success.  The design is pretty much finalized and @bonienl has a design guide that I've been using that is up to date.  It will be up the to plug in authors to add the multi language feature to their plugins.