[Support] fithwum - FoundryVTT

Hey there thank you for the super fast answer!
I got you rconfig working but Foundry still wont load login screens etc.
So my guess is it does not load the websockets properly

I have tried enabeling the option to load them but it didn't work.
Do you have any Idea what it could be (have tried nuking Foundry and reinstalling)

This is my swag config right now:

## Version 2021/06/05
# make sure that your dns has a cname set for foundryvtt 
# Ensure that your Foundry VTT's {userData}/Config/options.json file is configured as follows: 
# "hostname": "your.hostname.com",
# "routePrefix": null,
# "sslCert": null,
# "sslKey": null,
# "port": 30000,
# "proxyPort": 443,
# "proxySSL": true
# Refer to https://foundryvtt.com/article/nginx/ for the latest Foundry configuration information
server{
listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name foundry.*;

# Listen on port 443 using SSL certificates
    ssl_certificate         "/etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomin.com/fullchain.pem";
    ssl_certificate_key     "/etc/letsencrypt/live/mydomin.com/privkey.pem";

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    #add_header Referrer-Policy "same-origin" always;
    #add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin https://foundryvtt./%22PUT URL HERE" always;

client_max_body_size 1024M;
    fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

location / {
        #enable the next two lines for http auth
        #auth_basic "Restricted";
        #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

#enable the next two lines for ldap auth
        #auth_request /auth;
        #error_page 401 =200 /login;

# Set proxy headers
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

#These are important to support WebSockets
	 proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
         proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app MyLocalUnraidIP;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 1024m;
        proxy_pass http://$upstream_app:30000;
    }
}

# Optional, but recommend. Redirects all HTTP requests to HTTPS for you
server {
    if ($host = foundry.mydomin.com) {
        return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    }

listen 80;
    listen [::]:80;

server_name foundry.mydomin.com;
    return 404;
}

• 1 month later...

Probably shouldn't have but I updated to 9 using the internal updater and now it won't load the login screen?

today at 5:36:50 PM 
today at 5:36:50 PMCurrent FoundryVTT Release version is 0.8.9.
today at 5:36:58 PMINFO ! Starting FoundryVTT Server
today at 5:36:58 PM 
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Running on Node.js - Version 16.13.2
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Foundry Virtual Tabletop - Version 9 Build 255
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Loading data from user directory - /foundry/data
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Application Options:
today at 5:36:59 PM{
today at 5:36:59 PM  "port": 30000,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "upnp": true,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "fullscreen": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "hostname": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "localHostname": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "routePrefix": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "sslCert": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "sslKey": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "awsConfig": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "dataPath": "/foundry/data",
today at 5:36:59 PM  "passwordSalt": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "proxySSL": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "proxyPort": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "serviceConfig": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "updateChannel": "release",
today at 5:36:59 PM  "language": "en.core",
today at 5:36:59 PM  "upnpLeaseDuration": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "compressStatic": true,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "world": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "isElectron": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "isNode": true,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "isSSL": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "noupdate": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "noIPDiscovery": false,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "demo": null,
today at 5:36:59 PM  "adminKey": "****************"
today at 5:36:59 PM}
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [error] Software license verification failed. Please confirm your Foundry Virtual Tabletop software license
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Requesting UPnP port forwarding to destination port 30000
today at 5:36:59 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:36:59 | [info] Server started and listening on port 30000
today at 5:37:16 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:37:16 | [info] Created client session 94ad76f69005e5779ad93ea8
today at 5:37:16 PMFoundryVTT | 2022-03-07 17:37:16 | [warn] Package df-architect contains 3 compendium definitions that still use the deprecated 'entity' field instead of 'type'.

Edit: local IP login works fine, just the external domain that doesn't. Weird since it was working fine before hand, but I'm using Nginx proxy manager if that matters.

Edit Edit: 2 days later I tried the external domain again and now it's working fine, so I wonder if it had to do with browser cache, though I'm pretty sure I cleared it while I was trying to troubleshoot. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Wolbaz
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Anyone able to set up SSL on this docker so they can use audio/video chat? I tried using the method provided from foundry, but I have to download the files on my computer and upload them to my server, so the certs are invalid and the program won't start up upon directing to the certs. Once I delete them and restart the server, it works fine, but now with no ssl.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, I am trying to update from Foundry Version 10 Build 291 to Foundry Version 11 Build 304, but when I remake it with the new version's files in the AppData folder, it is telling me to accept the EULA. How do I do that? I can't see it anywhere in the files.

This is how I was doing it. Even reinstalling the app on Unraid came across the same issue with the new verison.

Getting the Docker Setup:

On Unraid, go to Apps (assuming you have community applications installed) > search: FoundryVTT

Select and install the FoundryVTT by fithwum docker

Set your Data Path, (I set mine as /mnt/user/game_saves/FoundryVTT). This is where your worlds, modules, etc will be stored, so you'll want to make it a place that you have access to from a file explorer application

Set the AppData Config Path (I believe it defaults to /mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT which is what I have). This is where you're going to be installing the linux package, so you're also want it to be a place you have file access

Hit Apply

Be aware that this docker does a lot of the background preparation for FoundryVTT, but doesn't actually give you a running version. I don't believe you will even be able to start the docker yet. That's the next section

Getting FoundryVTT files installed:

Go to the FoundryVTT website, log into your account, go to the "Purchased Licenses" section

Download the linux zip file (current as of writing this is: foundryvtt-0.6.6.zip)

Once downloaded, unzip the contents into the AppData Config Path for the docker on Unraid (/mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT)

Once fully moved over, start up the FoundryVTT docker

Once started, you should be able to access the setup page by going to [yourUnRaidIPAddress]:30000 (this is the default port for the docker, if you changed it, use that port instead)

If done successfully, you should be brought to the FoundryVTT license page where you enter your license and you should be done with the initial setup.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2022 at 6:36 PM, Stitch0815 said:
        #These are important to support WebSockets
	 proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
         proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";

Hi!  If anyone is like me and ended up here after going down many rabbit holes to get swag working, turns out this section of the code should be commented out or removed.  Apparently, websockets support changed around version 1.8 in swag, and shouldn't be dealt with directly in the proxy-confs anymore.  You can see similar settings have moved over to proxy.conf instead.  I used @Stitch0815 's .conf entirely (swapping in my server details), removed this section, and now I have the login page showing up correctly, players able to log in and access the vtt.  https://github.com/linuxserver/reverse-proxy-confs/issues/198

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've just installed your docker and I've gotten foundry to start up, in setup mode when I go to install a game system it times out and says it couldn't load any packages.  I am not entirely sure why.  If I start foundryvtt on my windows desktop version I don't have this issue.  Any ideas?

thanks

i dont think that is the docker itself doing that but you could check the network settings in the docker and in the settings file in foundry.

i have not worked on this docker in a while as i have not had the time, but as soon as i have time i will get back to work on it.