[Support] fithwum - FoundryVTT

Doesn't seem to start:

Server version is 0.6.2.

INFO ! Starting FoundryVTT-0.6.2

internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:969
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/foundry/fvtt/resources/app/main.js'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:966:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:842:27)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12)
at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {
code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
requireStack: []
}

I own foundry.  How do I install the files for this docker?  

EDIT* Nevermind. it was as simple as downloading the linux version of the files, and copying them over to the appdata FoundryVTT\fvtt\ folder and restarting the docker.  all running now.  Thank you.

Edited by mattekure

So, it looks like I may have gotten the reverse proxy going. If any of y'all need it, here's what worked for me:

# First complete the setup by appending install.php to URL. 
# Make sure that your dns has a cname set for dokuwiki

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;
	listen 80;

server_name foundry.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

#enable for ldap auth, fill in ldap details in ldap.conf
    #include /config/nginx/ldap.conf;

location / {
        #enable the next two lines for http auth
        #auth_basic "Restricted";
        #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

#enable the next two lines for ldap auth
        #auth_request /auth;
        #error_page 401 =200 /login;

# Set proxy headers
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

# These are important to support WebSockets
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_foundry foundry;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.1.15:30000;
	}
}

• Thanks 3

@phreeq, thanks so much for the nginx config. It's working great.

I was wondering though what you meant by "# Make sure that your dns has a cname set for dokuwiki". Can you elaborate on that the dokuwiki thing or was that a leftover comment from a different template you copied as a base for this template?

Also, can anyone confirm if the default behavior for token images is to point to "icons/svg/mystery-man.svg"? I see most of the token images point to this placeholder and I wasn't sure if this was proper default behavior or if I've misconfigured something. When I change the path to a new token, the token on the map changes but not the small profile image on the "Actors Directory" menu which lists all the currently imported tokens. 

Thanks again!

@njdowdy, I'm lazy. I started with a pre-generated template for dokuwiki because it was a very simple template and then made a few changes until it worked. Guess my laziness caused me to miss removing that comment from the config.

I can't answer your question about the icons because I'm still real new to using Foundry and still trying to figure a lot of it out.

• Like 1

no problem. my group just started using it and we wanted an easy way to run it 24/7 so i thought it would be good to make this docker and share it with others to make things as easy as possible. i will also be improving the docker so that it is clearer as far as errors go.

• Thanks 1

Hi.  So, I have been successful in getting FoundryVTT to run with your docker.  (Thank you!)  I notice that the mapping of drives is /mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT, which is fine, but my concern is that I'll be using my cache drive (where appdata resides) to store all of this information and as I load data in, I'm filling the cache up.

I thought that if I created a PATH in the docker to /mnt/user/FoundryStorage (a share I created) pointing to /foundry/storage and then change the User Data Path in the Configuration and Setup of FoundryVTT  to /foundry/storage I would resolve this issue. 

I get the attached error.  

I'm trying to search for an options.json in the fvtt directory with no luck.

foundry error.png

3 hours ago, gryknight9 said:

I thought that if I created a PATH in the docker to /mnt/user/FoundryStorage (a share I created) pointing to /foundry/storage and then change the User Data Path in the Configuration and Setup of FoundryVTT  to /foundry/storage I would resolve this issue. 

you can do this by simply expanding the show more settings and setting the past that you want to store the files in and it will work that way. i set it as app data because that is the most common way to do it.

3 hours ago, gryknight9 said:

I'm trying to search for an options.json in the fvtt directory with no luck.

the options file should be in mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT/data/Config

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 7:25 PM, njdowdy said:

@phreeq, thanks so much for the nginx config. It's working great.

I was wondering though what you meant by "# Make sure that your dns has a cname set for dokuwiki". Can you elaborate on that the dokuwiki thing or was that a leftover comment from a different template you copied as a base for this template?

Also, can anyone confirm if the default behavior for token images is to point to "icons/svg/mystery-man.svg"? I see most of the token images point to this placeholder and I wasn't sure if this was proper default behavior or if I've misconfigured something. When I change the path to a new token, the token on the map changes but not the small profile image on the "Actors Directory" menu which lists all the currently imported tokens. 

Thanks again!

This is normal - late yes but if you have any questions I've been running 3 concurrent games weekly via Foundry!

• Thanks 1
On 7/1/2020 at 9:58 PM, fithwum said:

you can do this by simply expanding the show more settings and setting the past that you want to store the files in and it will work that way. i set it as app data because that is the most common way to do it.

the options file should be in mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT/data/Config

hope this helps

Also I believe he's asking for a path mapping to a data dir instead of a combination of the data and app files as it it now. Since I back up my app data often I don't want the 20GB of data to be backed up each week too :) Thanks!

4 hours ago, mighthire said:

Also I believe he's asking for a path mapping to a data dir instead of a combination of the data and app files as it it now. Since I back up my app data often I don't want the 20GB of data to be backed up each week too :) Thanks!

you have a very good point. I overlooked that option and will work on a fix for that as soon as possible.

i have changed the docker template to be able to put the save data and the appdata in different places. for installs that are already running you would need to move the data yourself. you will need to edit your docker and change the appdata Config Path from /foundry to /foundry/fvtt and then add a new path container path needs to be /foundry/data and you can map that to whatever share you want and that should work.

• Thanks 1
On 7/13/2020 at 9:40 AM, fithwum said:

i have changed the docker template to be able to put the save data and the appdata in different places. for installs that are already running you would need to move the data yourself. you will need to edit your docker and change the appdata Config Path from /foundry to /foundry/fvtt and then add a new path container path needs to be /foundry/data and you can map that to whatever share you want and that should work.

Thanks man!  Tipped you!  Keep up the good work :D

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having some difficulty.  I'd appreciate any help.  I've bought a license and downloaded the Linux files.  I've put everything in "/mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT/fvtt".

My data file configuration is: "/mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT/data"

My config file config is: "/mnt/user/appdata/FoundryVTT/config"

When I try to run the executable: "foundryvtt", I get the following error:

"foundryvtt: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I added "/usr/lib64/firefox" to my $PATH, which contains "libnss3.so", but I still get the same error.  Any ideas:

The way i have things set up is that the appdata folder is all of the files from the foundry zip file and the settings/userdata is in my game saves share.

the foundry zip file should have everything in it and the configs should be created automatically upon docker start. at least thats the way that i have the template setup