[Support] fithwum - FoundryVTT

I've had this working for a week or so while I messed with it and imported a bunch of data. That has all worked.

Today I created a new world to actually start bringing in data for one of my current games. I can't import anything and it looks like permissions are wrong. The testing folder is the one I created after install. The other two world folders (and all subfolders) have incorrect permissions.  

Any ideas how to fix it?

image.png.a8bea3981f69ae2eb09a9357fbd8464d.png

image.png

56 minutes ago, fithwum said:

restarting the docker should fix permission problems i have not been able to get specific user creation working in a docker image yet so i added a workaround for now that just needs you to restart the docker.

Good to know. I did that and it works just as you said. I just created a couple and I see that it fixes the permissions.

2 hours ago, MrGreen718 said:

I am having issues with being able to load a page past the admin access key page when accessing the VTT via a web address I setup through google domains. It works fine if I use the local ip and port number. 

might be a proxy error or forwarding problem and i still don't know much about that.

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name foundryvtt.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    add_header Referrer-Policy "same-origin" always;
    #add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin https://foundryvtt.fithwum.tech always;

client_max_body_size 2048M;
    fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

#enable for ldap auth, fill in ldap details in ldap.conf
    #include /config/nginx/ldap.conf;

location / {
        #enable the next two lines for http auth
        #auth_basic "Restricted";
        #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;

#enable the next two lines for ldap auth
        #auth_request /auth;
        #error_page 401 =200 /login;

# Set proxy headers
        proxy_set_header Host $host;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;

# These are important to support WebSockets
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";

include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 172.18.0.3 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_foundryvtt foundryvtt;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.1.90:30000;
    }
}

this is what i am using and it works for my setup

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem:

I'm trying to connect to foundry through the chrome but I keep getting the error message below: 

"192.168.1.xxx refused to connect.

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

all other docker GUI appear to be working ok and connecting.

I've tried a complete reinstall and deleted the app data but doesn't seem to fix it. 

it also gives this error when you try to stop the container:

Execution error

Container already started

I'm not that experienced with Unraid, so any guidance would be much appreciated 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by for_chaza
11 hours ago, fithwum said:

have you tried to use 192.168.1.xxx:30000 in this case you would need to add in the port number unless you have a reverse proxy setup.

Hey, 

apologies my original post maybe could have been clearer, its my when I try to access it over my LAN that it doesn't work.

sorry for late response. i have not run into this so i don't know what it would be, i would say it could be a network or firewall thing.

edit: just looked at your older post and you said you used chrome have you tried clearing the cache and/or using a different browser? in my case i use firefox

Edited by fithwum
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have had this installed for the bother for months and it's great, thankyou!

I have an issue, i rencently wanted to tidy up some shares and my brother bought an SSD to add to assigned devices specifically for this container.  I removed the app and we backed up the config as well as the appdata folder.

I have installed the container, moved the files (ones just downloaded from foundry) to fvtt and (his game worlds on the UD - set to RW/Slave) to data.  When i start the container, i get this error message:

INFO ! Starting FoundryVTT-0.6.5

internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:969
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/foundry/fvtt/resources/app/main.js'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:966:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:842:27)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12)
at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {
code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
requireStack: []
}

I'm not too sure where to go from this!!

EDIT:  SOLVED - seems to have resolved by adding the /vtt folder in the container variables, differing from the picture in an earlier post!

Edited by Brawbag
resolved
  • 3 weeks later...

@fithwum To say I am a big fan would be an understatement.  This docker has been huge and my group has benefited immensely!  Can't thank you enough.  Two quick questions when you have time.  One simple and one less simple:

1) If I need to update to a new release of foundry do I re-download new files from foundryvtt and put them in the same file as I had to originally (foundryvtt) or do I update on dockers page?  If I copy files again all the modules and such stay the same correct?

2) If it's just push a button in the docker to update then is there a way to easily modify the main.js file in appdata/foundry/resources/app and add a file there for a plugin I use regularly? 

I have a feeling I copy files again and if so then Question 2 doesn't pertain to you.  Thank you again for this docker.  I tried so hard to make others work but I don't know how to copy a system from github to docker.

13 hours ago, zmanfarlee said:

If I need to update to a new release of foundry do I re-download new files from foundryvtt and put them in the same file as I had to originally (foundryvtt) or do I update on dockers page?

Yes you just download the new files from foundry and put them in the same place you put them before.

13 hours ago, zmanfarlee said:

If I copy files again all the modules and such stay the same correct?

Yes all user data stays the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

First up.. thanks for doing this. Installed the other day and came up first try.

That said: I have my /foundry/data folder mapped to a share that I've assigned a single drive to and using cache (/foundry/fvtt is with the rest of appdata on the cache drive). When this container is running it prevents the drive in the share from spinning down. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

So i did test on my server and it seems that if you leave Foundry running it will hit the disks every so often and not let them spin down this is not something i can change the developer of Foundry would need to change it to not access disks as much if there is nobody on using it.

21 hours ago, fithwum said:

So i did test on my server and it seems that if you leave Foundry running it will hit the disks every so often and not let them spin down this is not something i can change the developer of Foundry would need to change it to not access disks as much if there is nobody on using it.

Thanks for taking a look. I upgraded to the beta 0.7.3 as a friend suggested the changes with WebRTC could be the culprit. That didn't turn out to be the cause.

I'll contact the developer to find out what file(s) he's smacking around a lot when the server is otherwise inactive.

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea if I can run two instances at a time? Im having a hard time getting this to work with two ports 30000 and 33333. I have two games and want to make sure they are both accessible at the same time. I've tried changing the port in the config and the nginx and in the docker setup. My 30000 port docker works, my 33333 port docker cant find the page (through subdomain or through direct ip and port. I a super noob when it comes to server setup, dockers, and unraid but I'd appreciate any help.