Unraid web and maybe nothing else will start?

Hi everyone,

I moved and started to setup my server at my new house, but cannot get Unraid to start.  It will boot fine, but it pulls a DHCP address (despite having the IP set in the config file) and doesn't start the web service.  I actually don't think it's reading any of the config files, but I'm not 100% sure.

Where can I start troubleshooting?  This machine has been running Unraid a long, long time and I'm moving to new hardware, but I don't want to lose any data and need to figure out why it's not fully loading.  

Technically, this is running on ESXi with Plop, but I don't think that matters for this specific issue.

Thanks,

Brandon

I would suggest that an easy first step is to check would be to login at the console command and use the ‘df’ command to see if the Unraid USB drive is being mounted at /boot.   If not then the problem is relayed to Unraid  not being able to find and mount the USB drive during the boot process at the point when settings are loaded and applied.

• Thanks 1

The key point is that there is no /boot mount point listed which means UnRAID did not locate the USB drive during the later stages of the boot process.   As a result no settings were applied, and various drivers could not be loaded.  Quite why I do not know not being an ESXi user, but that might at least give you a starting point for further investigation.

• Thanks 1