Multiple UI errors: "Warning: Invalid argument supplied" / failed to open stream:

57 minutes ago, bonienl said:

You have CA auto-update installed, perhaps something went wrong in this process?

While it's possible, it's doubtful.  /tmp/plugins does not exist.  (Nor /tmp/unassigned.devices)

My best guess at the moment is that /tmp is mapped to a docker container (Jellyfin?) (or alternatively a user-script) for scratch space in transcoding and that container has deleted the contents of /tmp willy-nilly, causing the issues.

Ultimately a reboot is required to recover.

I guess it's Jellyfin, see pictures.

Shutting it down and rebooting the server doesn't seem to fix the problem. Have I messed up something in the build?

I changed also the /tmp flag to another folder in JF and I'm still getting these UI errors too.

jf.png

jf_temp.png

Would it maybe be a good idea for UI elements/plugins to not rely on /tmp as well... a persistent place for UI element storage?

Edited by plantsandbinary

Instead of /cache <--> /tmp, do /cache <--> /tmp/jellyfin if you want.  You'd still need to reboot for anything to ultimately take effect.

6 hours ago, plantsandbinary said:

Would it maybe be a good idea for UI elements/plugins to not rely on /tmp as well... a persistent place for UI element storage?

/tmp is used in every OS by multiple programs.  This is all OK.  What isn't OK is if program X deletes the tmp files from program Y.  Since JellyFin as far as it was concerned had exclusive rights to /tmp (as per the screenshot), it felt it can delete whatever it wants.