My first unraid build

Hi, so im in the process of building my first Unraid server. and might be going in on sorta the deep end but below is the current plan (storage and medium to upper medium VM/Docker use).

So my main worry is PCI lanes especially since i would like the possibility to add a graphics card for PLEX later on.

Can someone please give me an idea how far off i am or if below would do the trick, and also what NIC should one get? 

Case: Inter-Tech 4U 4424 (bought)

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700 2.9 GHz 16MB

PSU: Corsair HX750i 750W

Cache disks: 2x WD Blue SN550 SSD 500GB M.2 NVMe

RAM: 32 gig of Corsair DDR4 3200MHz

NIC: 10 gbit NIC of some sort

HBA: 2x TBD -8i

SAS Expander: 2x IBM 46M0997 powered from PCIE risers (bought)

12 minutes ago, blooster said:

So my main worry is PCI lanes especially since i would like the possibility to add a graphics card for PLEX later on.

If you are OK with Quick Sync Video hardware transcoding you can use the iGPU built into Intel processors if you get a CPU that has that.  It frees up a PCIe slot and provides very good transcoding on anything 720p 4Mbit and above.  At lower resolutions and bitrates, it can be a bit "blocky."

I am currently using the iGPU in my Xeon E-2288G for Plex hardware transcoding and it is providing good performance and video results.

If you really don't want to worry about PCIe lanes, build a Threadripper system.  It has 64 PCIe lanes vs. the 20-24 typically found on Ryzen and Intel Core/E-level Xeon systems.