Issues with trial

I've been running trial now for about 2 weeks on a brand new https://amzn.to/2Yz2Amc

I'm getting flash write errors.  It's also only showing that its 16GB in unassigned disks, but the fdisk -l output is below:

Disk /dev/sda: 28.67 GiB, 30765219840 bytes, 60088320 sectors
Disk model: Cruzer Fit      
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device     Boot Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sda1  *     2048 60088319 60086272 28.7G  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)

I bought a 2nd of the same flash and am seeing the same thing on a second server.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

If your boot flash is showing up in Unassigned Devices it has already disconnected. 

Make sure you are booting from USB2 port. 

It's shown in unassigned devices since the initial install, on both servers.  The servers only have usb 2.0 ports (they're older supermicro servers)

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

That would better asked on the UD support thread, but no Unraid flash drive should ever appear as an unassigned device.

Maybe, but that is ALSO NOT WHAT I POSTED ABOUT.  I posted asking why the installer is only partitioning half of my flash drive.  Is this the level of support I should expect if I decide to purchase a license?  

You can always format the USB (as FAT32), name it UNRAID and then download the zip file from the download site, extract the files onto the USB and run make_bootable.bat as administrator.  Just save the /config folder before you do this so you can copy it back onto the flash

4 hours ago, Sinopsis said:

I posted asking why the installer is only partitioning half of my flash drive.

If this was your question this is the first time you've put it in those words.

4 hours ago, Sinopsis said:

Is this the level of support I should expect if I decide to purchase a license?  

Free support is from your fellow users on the forum. Everyone who has responded on this thread is a fellow user, unpaid volunteers just trying to help other users.

Yes, there is support from the company, and on this forum.  But they are a limited resource, exist primarily on one timezone (as far as I am aware).  There are many users here who are happy and willing to share their knowledge and experience and who are spread around the world.  This works to everyone's benefit.  The flexibilty that Unraid offers means that it is often highly likely that someone else has alread seen a problem similar to whatwever you may post, or they may be able to offer advice beacuse they have simlar hardware, etc.  Forgive me saying so, but you seem deterimined to find the negatives while unwilling to see the positives.  As an Unraid user for almost ten years, I have no issue with the support that the developers offer, and since in that time I have never had to pay for updates (I started with Unraid 4.7), I am happy to give back by helping others where I can.  

I see the benefits, but as someone who primarily deals with enterprise systems, I prefer to have direct support for products I pay for, even if I have to pay more. 

Maybe I'm being overly critical because I'm frustrated and having so many issues with the system (besides this one that I posted about which is just an annoyance more than anything).

Random hard locks - have to power cycle the server to get it back.  I just pulled this server out of our datacenter where it was one of our primary hypervisors and had been rock solid for years.

Active directory integration seems completely broken.  Every time it reboots it shows as "unjoined", and the logs are full of "root: chown: invalid user: 'Domain Admins:Domain Users'" errors when it finally does show joined.

I've got about 10 days left on this trial, and at this point I'm considering just scrapping it completely and just using ProxMox and the hardware raid controller.  I liked the idea of not having to have all 28 disks ( 2 different servers - same specs) spun up the majority of the time which is why I was even looking at this.

Understood - thanks.  I now see where you're comig from.  To be honest, I can't advise on your lockups and AD issues.  I am not using any VMs, I have only light docker usage, the rest is regular shares and not much else.  Also I have no practical experience of AD.  For what it's worth, I have zero stability issues, with my server running for months on end, and the CPU's been at about 100% since April working for the folding@home project.  The only downtime is when I choose to change something, and even then that's mainly just major updates. 

I get the point about preferring paid support - I have seen it discussed in the past, but I am unclear on the current situation - best to contact Lime Technology directly perhaps...  https://unraid.net/contact   

Edited by S80_UK