New Hardware - Can't boot

I have just replace my hardware from Intel to AMD. When I boot into Unraid, I get as far as "Starting Samba:", then the screen goes black and I can't do anything. I have tried the following: 

• Boot in safe mode (GUI/NON)
  • Enable Legacy Boot in BIOS
  • Removed Plugins from Boot Drive

Please help me figure this out. Here is a video I uploaded to YT: 

Thank you,

G3TG0T

I created a brand new USB image and enabled "Allow UEFI Boot" in the Customize option and was able to boot. I'm in the GUI. 

I then moved a backup of my old config file onto the NEW USB. It seems to have my configuration, but I'm still not accessing my network.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: 

So it turned out it was the NIC on my motherboard that was incompatible with Unraid. I went to a local brick & mortar store and bought a $10 NIC and everything has been smooth ever since. 

Relevant Hardware: 

Ryzen 9 3900X

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC

9 hours ago, G3TG0T said:

UPDATE: 

So it turned out it was the NIC on my motherboard that was incompatible with Unraid. I went to a local brick & mortar store and bought a $10 NIC and everything has been smooth ever since. 

Relevant Hardware: 

Ryzen 9 3900X

GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC

You would probably have been OK if you went with the 6.9.0 beta release.   It has a more recent Linux kernel and drivers for some of the newer NIC chipsets.

20 hours ago, JasonJoel said:

Probably. But I don't think we should be making general recommendations for users to use beta software releases.

In a case where the current release does not have support for the users hardware it is not an unreasonable recommendation.

20 hours ago, JasonJoel said:

And further the beta hasn't updated in over five weeks, and it has plenty of known issues... Not sure I would recommend someone jumping over there just yet.

You can argue this both ways.   Many users are using the current beta successfully on live systems without any major issues.   Also as well as providing support for newer hardware the beta does fix some significant known issues that are present in the 6.8.3 release.   It is likely the next 6.9.0 release will be a rc one so it is not as though we are early in the beta release cycle.

• Like 3
On 8/24/2020 at 5:11 AM, itimpi said:

You would probably have been OK if you went with the 6.9.0 beta release.   It has a more recent Linux kernel and drivers for some of the newer NIC chipsets.

When all this was going on I used the beta trying to troubleshoot and it didn't fix the issue. I can't remember what version that was, but it was the version out when I stared this thread.