Issues with USB passthrough [Solved]

Hey all,

I finally got around to buying a UPS, out the box works great with the provided ups addon. my only issue is that when i passthrough my usb controller to my windows VM it passes through all 8/9 usb slots.. leaving 1 for the unraid usb so there is no spare usb for the UPS connection.

So i tried going back to the oldschool method of assigning usbs manually, but for some reason the keyboard and mouse's "Logitech Unifying Receiver" just doesnt work in the vm. ive tried usb 2/3 modes all 8 spare usbs nothing.. ive tied the libvert "Hotplug USB" addon to detach and reattach but no luck.

there seems to be a few people that have had the same issues and have just got a "new keyboard" :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/di4jto/logitech_unifying_receiver_not_working_in_windows/

just wondering if there was anything else i could do? or why its not detected with manual assign passthrough o.0?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: my Mobo is ASRock Z270 Extreme4 Version

Edited by phyzical

technically, its two.

but it seems that this second one only provides 1 usb3 and 1 micro c?

is this what your referring to by "vfio-pci plugin"?

Edit: looks like it. but now that i have the groups what can i do with these?  it seems to reflect what i saw when i was re-reviewing the custom vfio directive for the usb passthrough earlier today?

image.png.f048876e2989e9121f55cb1d0c1a08ab.pngimage.thumb.png.61aab2caafbe8419a3935a9f808281e5.png 

Edited by phyzical
added pics