[6.9.0 beta 22] Windows 10 VM in BSOD Loop - Possible Fix

Currently running Ryzen 3600 Zen 2 CPU. Upgraded to latest 6.9.0 beta version. When attempting to open a Windows 10 VM, I get an immediate BSOD with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error. Windows tries to fix the error and continuously loops into the same BSOD. After doing some research, it seems that QEMU 5 / kernel above 5.4 does not work well with Zen 2 CPU. 

In order to bypass this, I had to edit the XML. I changed the cpu mode from host-passthrough to host-model. I also had to change cache mode from passthrough to disable. After I saved my changes, unRaid ended up making some changes to the XML, where the cpu mode then changed to custom. Everything seems to be working now, but I don't know if the changes I made will cause issues down the road. I just wanted to throw out a fix that seems to allow me to keep running Windows 10.

If anyone is familiar with LibVirt and cpu/cache modes, could you tell me if doing this will cause any issues?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks this worked and I was able to start the VM and it seemed like it was passing through successfully but all my other usb ports have become unresponsive outside of the VM. Do you know if this is a known issue? Sorry to keep bugging you and thanks for sticking with me!

Edit: So this problem still persists. The VM passthrough just fine after the upgrade and subsequent modification to the xml but now my other usb devices (the ones that I wasn't trying to passthrough) don't register to unraid as connected. Any help is appreciated...

Edited by cambriancatalyst