I am pretty AMAZED with this product and the support

DivideBy0

Let me start with a THANK you, 1. for a great product and 2. the support I find in this forum.  I started this projects 1 month ago and not only I build one Unraid but two :)  This was my son boyscouts project as well for one of his eagle merit badges so it was a win win situation.

But with that, I had a blast reading, learning, tweaking and getting these 2 builds right.  They look and behave ROCK SOLID and I am just ironing out small details.  My second Unraid is doing a parity re-build as I was testing/simulating a "potential" drive failure so I just swapped one drive and see how it works.  I am sure  I will run into issues but the health of the data is as good as the health of the system so maintaining a healthy / functional system hardware is absolutely key.  I managed to put in good quality parts so I think that will help in the long run.

Thanks and I look forward being a member of this forum and help when and where I can :)

I just wanted to say this, that's all :)  I now have 84TB of available raid / file system 🙂  Is CRAZY

NAS.thumb.jpg.3fbe6d74a0108ac751544015ed62d01d.jpg1956603238_ScreenShot2020-06-28at4_38_38PM.thumb.png.4aad63e7687a9e3ffdf76427a664f6e4.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 4.39.13 PM.png

Edited by johnwhicker
  • Like 3

That's some nice desk-storage you got there! Surely looks slicker than my effing rackmount monsters! Kuddos it looks slick, and not "consumer plasticky", more polished-high-tech, great choice!

And with that much ram on low powered Atom, on top of your SSD cache you could do some forced-RAM caching if you run them on a network-attached PSU, and have them shut down properly as soon as PSU's battery gets low during a power outage.

That, or just a PSU with USB linked to "server 1", and have "server 1" send a SSH shut-down order to "server 2" when it's shutting down 

(assuming your network/gateway/router has battery power too)

As for a minecraft server... eeeeeh, Java love for single thread, on Atom processors... with kids... thus TNT... eeeeeh... if you like things running rock solid, you may be disappointed :D