Create Win10 VM from Qcow2 file

I am finally getting my system back up and running, and now trying to move a Windows10 VM from Proxmox over to Unraid.

From what I remember (had an earlier system crash issue), I had converted the Proxmox image over to qcow2, and have that file.   I'm just not sure what steps I need to take to use that file.  Do I just copy that file over to the VM's folder location and then edit the xml to point to that file?   I'm not even sure where to locate the xml file as I when I go to edit the VM, it opens up the parameters in the unraid GUI.

Edited by ptmuldoon

What I have done is just create a vm normally by using the unraid GUI with a disk etc with the settings I want, then copy a copy of the proxmox VM disk over the top of the blank disk you never booted in the unraid location it created (overwrite) and boot up the vm. Normally it has to configure settings etc and detect harware changes but other than that it works fine for me.

4 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

Do you have the original xml file at least from proxmox?

No I do not. just the qcow2 file.

I was originally on vmware esxi and have older backs up the vmdx vm's from there that i had used in moving them and converting for proxmox.  So I may be able to get the Win10 machines going from those.  But have not given that a try yet.

In my older vmware backups, there is both the vmdk and the vmdk-flat files. The flat file is the larger xxGB file