Sign in to follow this  
bubbleman441

IPv4 not set - Upgraded my server from Intel to AMD

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

I recently upgraded my i7 intel chipset to an ASUS B550 Gaming-E with a Ryzen 7 3700x in my and now I get an "IPv4 not set" when booting Unraid. I am unable to access the server using "https//tower". The Asus B550 Gaming-E uses the Intel I225-V ethernet controller and it appears Unraid 6.8.3 has support for this controller. I tried using a few different USB ethernet hubs with no luck. I've wasted a lot of time trying to fix this. Help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I made a simple mistake. Attached are my diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20200630-0501.zip

Edited by bubbleman441

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

There's no NIC driver. there might (should) be on the latest beta.

Thanks for the help. Can you point me in the right direction to update Unraid without losing any data? Do I create a new usb key?

Edited by bubbleman441

16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You can do the upgrade using the GUI: Tools -> Update OS and change the brach to "next" then check for updates, no data is lost but good to read the release

Can I access the GUI without having an IPv4?

2 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Sorry, forgot about that, you need to update manually, download the beta zip and extract only the bz* files overwriting the exiting ones.

I copied and replaced all bz* files from 6.9 beta over to the usb key. Still showing the "IPv4 not set". I attached diagnostics again. What else can I do?

tower-diagnostics-20200630-1756.zip