Need Advice. Moving from Synology. Q about Rack Mounted Systems

So in the past, I just had a Synology DS411+II with 4, 2TB (Old Seagate Barracudas) drives in a RAID 5 configuration.

I was just going to offload the data from the 2 TB drives onto another computer, then reformat those drives for use in Unraid. However, it seems that the case I have for my server only supports 4 drives and since I have an almost empt 15U rack, I was thinking of getting a rack enclosure. However, it’s been a while since I’ve looked into controller hardware.

I’m looking for advice on an HDD rackmount enclosure and/or if I should go SATA or SAS or even mini-SAS. My sata connections on the mobo are full too (just 2), so I’d like to get a controller that also will let me add a couple more drives inside the server tower.

[edit]

Just found out that something like this exists:

Rosewill RSV-L4500 - Server Case or Chassis, 4U Rackmount - 15 x Internal Bays, 8 x Cooling Fans Included

Could this be a viable option?

And why would someone go for something like this RAID Machine N4424RM 24-bay 12G SAS Expander Rackmount JBOD Enclosure for $2000 when they can just get a server case like above that already supports 15 drives for about $200?

Does something like this RAID machine HAVE to run a RAID configuration? Can’t it just be hooked up to an Unraid server and used as a data array? I mean, it even says, JBOD.

Edited by HoLyCoW