UPS - BlueWalker/PowerWalker, Cyberpower, APC?

Jaster

On 5/11/2021 at 1:23 AM, trurl said:

ViewPower work? Unraid uses the linux variant of apcupsd. There is also the NUT plugin which some use. You should research whether the UPS will work with apcupsd or with NUT.

My thinking is that since a certain UPS brand has been designed to work with a certain software (PowerWalker UPS bundled with ViewPower in this case) and then that particular UPS has been found by trial to be compatible with another piece of software (apcupsd according to the reports above) then it made me to suspect that another unrelated brand of UPS' (CleanLine) that has also been designed to run on Viewpower must have a necessary signaling hardware configuration that might make it compatible with apcupsd.

e.g. there is a number of different UPS brands built to utilize the same drivers.

The blazer driver for one is known to work with numerous UPS brands.

That was the basis for my assumption that the brands built to run on ViewPower might have the same driver compatibility.

And if one of those brands found to be compatible with apcupsd then chances are the other brands from the ViewPower group could also be similar in its compatibility.

ViewPower - https://www.power-software-download.com/viewpower.html

CleanLine seems to be a purely regional brand.

I couldn't find any information anywhere on its compatibility with either NUT or apcupsd.

Edited by Lolight
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, Lolight said:

That was the basis for my assumption that the brands built to run on ViewPower might have the same driver compatibility.

Apparently, my assumption is correct (at least in relation to NUT).

According to this: "if your UPS came with a software called Viewpower, chances are high that it works with this driver with one of the voltronic* protocols or with the mecer one) and many others."

https://networkupstools.org/docs/man/nutdrv_qx.html

Edited by Lolight