[SOLVED] No Internet Access After New Build

Hello, I upgraded my old system to the Z490 platform (i3 10300) and I can not connect to the network anymore. Unraid is assigned me a 169.254.... address instead of my usual 192.169.x.x address. I tried deleting the network config file and disabled bonding but nothing changes. I factory reset my router as well..... This is my mobo: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10 I also attached my diag file. 

z490-diagnostics-20200704-0035.zip

6 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Try the latest beta, it has support for some of the newer network components.

I am on 6.9 beta 22

It looks like the nic is a Realtek 8125, unraid should support it as of 6.8, I might be wrong about that though. I can't find a definitive device name, just that the 8125 drivers. 

Edited by macieksoft
11 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Have you looked through that thread?

Ya, but no mention of any nic support. I did however find this thread, and I believe the issue is the same. It looks like I'll have to wait till the 23 beta. I'm not sure how I can update the the flash drive though since I don't have network connectivity with beta 22.

The only thing is that I want to confirm the name of the model of the nic. The specifications don't mention much https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z490-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/sp#sp and the manual only references the 8125 reltek utility, not the actual device.

9 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

That NIC should work with the next beta.

Great! For the time being I found an old USB Ethernet in a box somewhere. I dont think I have ever used it before but it just works with Unraid, I can remote into my server again :). I cant find the product page but it looks like this, it utilizes the asix ax88179 driver. 

it 

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] No Internet Access After New Build