HDD seems to be formatted

Hi All, I'm new to the Unraid scene and still am within the trial period of it but I love it! I have migrated most of my files over from my desktop and even followed a few video guides on YouTube.

Just this morning, I've noticed that most of my files and shares are gone. The only files that I can see are off my cache drive. Unfortunately, I do not have a parity drive as of yet as I'm just starting out. I figured that it might've been a glitch or so, so I thought it was a good idea to reset it - boy I should have taken the log data first! Unfortunately, I still seem like I'm SOL as it did not fix it and I don't have the logs.

I did look around and I'm getting ideas but cannot seem to figure out what I can do to get my data back. I can see my shares in the diagnostics, but as per below image, it does not seem to be present. Now there are are orange exclamations next to each listed share below (not all present) and say "some or all files not protected".

Is anybody able to help guide me through this issue.

I've attached my diagnostics.

image.thumb.png.df59d80e9124f6ec1bc4a489fc81a75f.png

spacestation1-diagnostics-20200704-1401.zip

Unfortunately I did not format it (not even sure how to properly format it), which is very difficult to understand and peculiar.

When i check my diagnostics, it shows all my shares which is not present on the array :/

I did notice that there is probably like 1 file on my share - which is from the cache drive - just hasn't been moved.

All the files lost isn't the big problem as it was mainly movies and TV shows that I've accumulated over the years and can be re-downloaded, but its something that I would like to prevent in the future.

If I could also get the files back, it would be beneficial. I'm assuming that UFS explorer is an option to retrieve these files as I've read in other posts.

6 hours ago, dude777 said:

Now there are are orange exclamations next to each listed share below (not all present) and say "some or all files not protected".

If you don't have parity, any files in the array are unprotected, and unless you have a redundant cache pool any files on cache are unprotected.

The shares in your screenshot all exist, most with files on cache, some on disk1. There are other share .cfg files in your diagnostics but they don't exist on any drive.

Can you tell us more about how you did this?

6 hours ago, dude777 said:

I have migrated most of my files over from my desktop

Did you ever run the Clean Up Appdata plugin or the Backup Appdata plugin?

17 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

-cleaning up some docker with a mapping to the user share that deleted everything

Thinking about this, I did run clean up appdata, in which Plex did link to my tv shows and movies only, but does not explain any other shares on the HDD. - I had pictures which I migrated over, but still have a copy on my computer (thankfully) which did not have any link to any dockers.

17 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

-the server was hacked and data deleted

If anything, this may be the likelier scenario of the 2. ZeroTier was setup so that I could provide access to my family members.

16 hours ago, trurl said:

If you don't have parity, any files in the array are unprotected, and unless you have a redundant cache pool any files on cache are unprotected.

Thanks for the explanation on that, as it did not occur to me that this was standard if there were no cache pool as I only seem to notice this now after all files are gone.

The shares in your screenshot all exist, most with files on cache, some on disk1. There are other share .cfg files in your diagnostics but they don't exist on any drive.

Can you tell us more about how you did this?

I can only see 1 file in me cache drive in my anime folder, and 2 TV show series (not complete), which I'm assuming are on my cache drive.

In regards to the share cfg files. I'm not sure how this happened as I'm trying to figure this out.

Did you ever run the Clean Up Appdata plugin or the Backup Appdata plugin?

Clean Up Appdata was run but backup was run at the time of setup, perhaps about 1 week ago - which does not seem to be present when trying to restore.