[SOLVED] Trying to start array after following wiki for shrink array

UNRAID version: 6.8.3

Have just got to step 13 of The "Clear Drive Then Remove Drive" Method as laid in the wiki article https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array

When I try to unassign disk 16, the disk that I want to remove and that I have run the clear an array drive script on I notice it repopulates as soon as i change the disk 16 assignment to no device.

Also I have no options relating to trust parity, rebuilt parity or start array etc - the only options available are reboot and shutdown - neither of which work.

I do see errors in the syslog but googling the errors does not bring up any results for unraid troubleshooting.

Please see attached screenshot and syslog

Cheers :)

mirei error.png

syslog

yeah i see a bunch of errors in the syslog after the script said it had finished

Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei clear_array_drive: Clearing Disk 16 is complete
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS (device md16): Remounting filesystem read-only
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: mdcmd (271): spindown 10
Jul  5 05:13:38 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:38 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?
Jul  5 05:13:39 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:39 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?

Clicking on reboot or shutdown does not seem to do anything - I'm loathe to power off forcefully as I assume this will force me to do a parity check when restarting.  If this is my only option I will do it though

7 minutes ago, Heath said:

yeah i see a bunch of errors in the syslog after the script said it had finished

Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei clear_array_drive: Clearing Disk 16 is complete
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: REISERFS (device md16): Remounting filesystem read-only
Jul  5 05:13:37 mirei kernel: mdcmd (271): spindown 10
Jul  5 05:13:38 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:38 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?
Jul  5 05:13:39 mirei kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 0 does not match to the expected one -1
Jul  5 05:13:39 mirei kernel: REISERFS error (device md16): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 0. Fsck?

That's why I thought maybe you didn't go through with the New Config without the disk. Those seem like it is trying to mount the cleared disk with it still assigned, and of course, it has no filesystem to mount.

Ok tried to shutdown gracefully as many was as I could think of/find in the forums.  Ended up doing a forced shutdown using the power button.

Server rebooted with no disks assigned and a stale array warning down the bottom.  Re-assigned all the disks back to their slots as per previous config, leaving out disk 16 that is now clear and is being removed.  Was able to start array with trust parity enabled.  Can access all my files etc so looks good.  Running a parity check now to confirm everything is in order - looks like I dodged a bullet.  Definitely go about it a different way if there is a next time - thanks everyone for chiming in and helping :)

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Trying to start array after following wiki for shrink array