Performance Issues - Downloads

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and to unraid. So far I love it and can't believe it took me so long to try it out.

However, I am having a pretty bad issue that I did not have with my previous setup (CentOS 7 + Docker) on the same hardware. Whenever a large file is being downloaded, the server crawls down to a halt. I did not have this issue in my previous setup and find it interesting how bad it is now.

This is both with Sab or nzbget.

So far I have done the following:

1) Made sure downloads/incompletes go to my cache share which is 500GBB SSDs.

2) Went through both performance tuning guides for high speed downloads for sabnzb/nzbget and applied what could be changed.

3) Installed CA Auto Turbo Write Mode, Dynamix Cache Directories, Dynamix SSD Trim, Fix Common Problems, Tips and Tweaks, and gone through all documentation to apply best practices.

4) Moved cache drive to a different SATA port (it was originally on a SATA 2 port, older PC)

My hw is composed of a i7 3770, 16GB DD3 RAM, 2x240GB SSD Cache Drives, 1 x 10TB Parity Drive, 1 x 6 TB and 1x 5 TB Media Drives.

Any other suggestions or ideas to make sabnzbd or nzbget perform better?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

13 hours ago, purcilas said:

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and to unraid. So far I love it and can't believe it took me so long to try it out.

However, I am having a pretty bad issue that I did not have with my previous setup (CentOS 7 + Docker) on the same hardware. Whenever a large file is being downloaded, the server crawls down to a halt. I did not have this issue in my previous setup and find it interesting how bad it is now.

This is both with Sab or nzbget.

So far I have done the following:

1) Made sure downloads/incompletes go to my cache share which is 500GBB SSDs.

2) Went through both performance tuning guides for high speed downloads for sabnzb/nzbget and applied what could be changed.

3) Installed CA Auto Turbo Write Mode, Dynamix Cache Directories, Dynamix SSD Trim, Fix Common Problems, Tips and Tweaks, and gone through all documentation to apply best practices.

4) Moved cache drive to a different SATA port (it was originally on a SATA 2 port, older PC)

My hw is composed of a i7 3770, 16GB DD3 RAM, 2x240GB SSD Cache Drives, 1 x 10TB Parity Drive, 1 x 6 TB and 1x 5 TB Media Drives.

Any other suggestions or ideas to make sabnzbd or nzbget perform better?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

in sab are you using Article Cache Limit? with 16G you can spare 4G this is large enough for most files not to touch a drive when it downloads.

Have you set your mix line speed and the % it can use?

in the server settings how many connections have you set it to? i have 70meg down and 15 connections is enough to saturate it.

I kept trying things and no dice. Ended up switching from SabNzbd to NZBGet and doing some tweaking and NZBGet seems I am getting full speed now and barely any impact to my system.

Thanks for replying, I've been a fan of Sab for the longest time but if NZBGet will get the job done, then it's time to move.