All my ports are open by default

EDIT2: I factory reseted my box and everything is working fine for now!

EDIT: I found the cause: I can't disable DMZ on my router, I can only change the IP address of the DMZ. Is there anything I can disable on unraid? Because it never happened on my OMV server. 

If I change 192.168.0.0 (which is the default dmz ip) to something that doesn't exist like 192.168.0.155, everything is fine, all my port are now blocked, but Jellyfin is not working anymore from the outside (only jellyfin, Radarr works fine for exemple)

Hi! I just noticed something very weird today when trying to access my Jellyfin server from the outside. I noticed that all of my dockers port were opened from the outside! On my box there is only the Jellyfin port that is forwarded and nothing else, also the DMZ is disabled by default! What's happening? I can't even use the port blocker feature from my box! I need to forward the port to an incorrect local ip for it to be blocked.

To be clear, I'm testing with a 4G phone, so no local at all.

Any tips would be super great!

Thanks! 

Edited by Lucka

There are only 2 possible ways this can happen (assuming you are not on a vpn etc on your phone as you claim). 

1) You have assigned your unraid box a public IP on a range you own. 
2) Your router forwards ports to your unraid box. 

Pick one and look there. 

Edited by PeteAsking
5 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

There are only 2 possible ways this can happen (assuming you are not on a vpn etc on your phone as you claim). 

1) You have assigned your unraid box a public IP on a range you own. 
2) Your router forwards ports to your unraid box. 

Pick one and look there. 

I think found the cause: I can't disable DMZ on my router, I can only change the IP address of the DMZ. Is there anything I can disable on unraid? Because it never happened on my OMV server

If I change 192.168.0.0 (which is the default dmz ip) to something that doesn't exist like 192.168.0.155, everything is fine, all my port are now blocked, but Jellyfin is not working anymore from the outside (only jellyfin, Radarr works fine for exemple)

You don't need to disable DMZ, you just need to make sure nothing is in the DMZ. Don't put anything in the DMZ, your Unraid server or anything else.

You forward only the appropriate ports to your Unraid server as needed for your applications. No DMZ needed for any of this.

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

You don't need to disable DMZ, you just need to make sure nothing is in the DMZ. Don't put anything in the DMZ, your Unraid server or anything else.

You forward only the appropriate ports to your Unraid server as needed for your applications. No DMZ needed for any of this.

That's the weirdest part! I have nothing set up on the DMZ! The field is like this : http://prntscr.com/tccsri

My Unraid server is 192.168.0.11

42 minutes ago, Lucka said:

EDIT2: I factory reseted my box and everything is working fine for now!

It would be more helpful if you wouldn't edit the first post without at least making a new post with the new information. We have no idea you have done this without going and looking for it, and we have no reason to go looking for it.

• Like 1