Shares Unprotected

I noticed that the appdata, domains, and system shares have an orange icon next to them.  When I mouse over them, the say that they are unprotected. I also noticed that when I navigate to the Users folder on my PC, that it is empty.  I don't even see the IOS share folder either.  I am wondering if I messed my server up somehow.  I was about to blow everything away and start over fresh, but I decided to ask for help first.  I am really new at this, and feel hopelessly lost.  I am including my diagnostic data.  

milleniumfalcon-diagnostics-20200705-1515.zip

3 minutes ago, HumidGnome said:

I noticed that the appdata, domains, and system shares have an orange icon next to them.  When I mouse over them, the say that they are unprotected

This is completely normal if those shares are cache only or cache prefer shares on the cache drive/pool.

By definition, anything on the cache drive is unprotected by parity.

9 minutes ago, HumidGnome said:

I also noticed that when I navigate to the Users folder on my PC, that it is empty.

There is a Users folder in Windows that holds the user account information, is that what you are talking about?  There is no Users folder associated with unRAID that should be visible on your PC.

Only the user shares (Media, Music, Movies, Backups, Photos or whatever you call your users shares) you export are going to show up in Windows or other clients.

13 minutes ago, HumidGnome said:

I don't even see the IOS share folder either.

It looks like export on this share (I assume you mean the 'isos' share?) is set to "No" so it wont show up in any unRAID folder lists on client machines.  This share is not usually necessary unless you are using VMs.

According to your diagnostics, your appdata folder isn't shared (exported) on the network. In the Unraid webUI, go to Shares - User Shares, click on the appdata share to get to its page. There you can configure the settings for the appdata share, including whether or not to share it on the network.

14 hours ago, HumidGnome said:
How do I navigate to the appdata folder to modify a config file. I assumed that I would find it in the users folder of my UnRaid server.  

/mnt/user/appdata from the command line on the server or just open the appdata folder on you server (may need to navigate to server IP address if server is not showing up in Windows file explorer) from a PC if you have the appdata folder exported and with public security

If exported but not public you can navigate to \\[servername or IP address]\appdata in Windows file explorer. You will have to provide login credentials if you have made the share secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Hoopster