(SOLVED) [6.8.3] Dell H310 seeing drives, but not appearing in Unraid

Hey there, hoping someone can help.

I recently purchased a Dell H310 off eBay (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-H310-6Gbps-SAS-HBA-LSI-9211-8i-FW-P20-IT-Mode-for-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID-AU/133159382201?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) and cables from Amazon (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-H310-6Gbps-SAS-HBA-LSI-9211-8i-FW-P20-IT-Mode-for-ZFS-FreeNAS-unRAID-AU/133159382201?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) which was reportedly already flashed to IT mode. After installing the card and connecting the drives, I couldn't get them to detect in Unraid.

A few flashes later, I've got the card with a BIOS and the drives are appearing in it's report during POST and if I use the boards boot menu, I can see the drives listed there as well. As soon as I get to Unraid, I get the alerts that all my array drives cannot be detected, the cache drives are still connected to the onboard SATA and appears as expected. I've tried both the Dell IT and LSI IT firmware (as per https://forums.unraid.net/topic/12114-lsi-controller-fw-updates-irit-modes/page/24/?tab=comments#comment-255573).

When the card arrived it was showing the controller as SAS2008(??), after reflashing it with LSI P20 it's showing as SAS2008(B2).

Since the drives are appearing in the controllers POST, I am assuming that they are communicating as expected, at least to the card.

The system is a Ryzen 2700x/ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate with the controller in the second PCI-E slot. I've tried Unraid in both UEFI and Legacy modes, with the Storage OpROM on the same settings as the boot type, still no luck. Attached are my diagnostic logs. I am running the Linuxserver Nvidia version, which again I am unsure if that would be contributing to the issue.

The drives are all 10TB, and a mix of Ironwolfs and EXOS drives, with one WD white label in the mix.

Any help/advice you can give will be greatly apricated. If there is more information you need from me, please let me know.

I'm about to try again with the Dell IT firmware now I've confirmed the drives are appearing to the controller, and will see how that goes.

Edit: No dice with the Dell IT firmware, or upgrading it to LSI either.

iamserver-diagnostics-20200706-2051.zip

Edited by iamcagn

LSI controller is bound to vfio:

0f:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)
    Subsystem: Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter [1028:1f1c]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
    Kernel modules: mpt3sas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1