Problems mounting shared folder on NAS

This is my first foray into Unraid. Or servers. I know I'm a little wordy and will do my best to include all the useful information without boring you to death with background.

My end goal is to replace my WD NAS (EX4, not 4100) with my new(to me) dell R720. It's overkill for my use case which is primarily data backup(hoarding) and Plex. But compared to the cost of a "good" NAS appliance I was hopeful that a little elbow grease would yield a net savings. I might expand my use case as I explore more of what Unraid has to offer but it may also sit more or less idle for the majority of it's life like the rancor in Jabba's palace.

Currently the WD NAS has 4x2TB drives in raid 5 for about 5.6TB of total data. I'm down to my last 700GB on that device and plenty more stuff that I would like to backup. But I have the aforementioned R720 prepped with a pair of 8TB drives with an old 120G SSD as a cache.    

My problems are several fold and I'm going to lay them out in the order that I believe I need to fix them.

1)Using UD I was able to map the SMB share on the WD NAS and it shows up on my "Main" tab. However, I can not mount that share. This shows in the log around July 1st 18:26. (sorry for the long log, I haven't quite sorted out clean boots to USB.) That error either indicates that the share is password protected or that I need to use version 1 or 2. I'm pretty sure the shares are not password protected as I don't enter a password to access them from Windows. IIRC Windows gets dumb if you have to enter a password to access remote drives for things like backups. UD doesn't give an option for selecting the SMB version.

2) I was able to transfer a few movies over Ethernet (everything is wired to gigabit the R720 even has 10GBE) but ran into the retransfer bottle neck where it transfers the data to the remote machine between the NAS and the R720. To facilitate a quicker transfer of files from the WD NAS to Unraid I'd like to use Krusader (I've used windows all my life, CMD prompt file exploring is too foreign to me). But SI1 hasn't updated his Krusader video for the binhex version (or I can't find it) and I can't quite figure out the setup to create the paths and access the things the same way he does in the video. I even tried to brute force his entries. I don't see that any of my modifications show up in Krusader. I've attached a screenshot of the Krusader setup/ configuration.

Maybe Krusader isn't the best option. Maybe I need to pull the data drive and attach it via USB expansion to my WDNAS and then transfer the data. I would have to buy a USB3.0 HDD enclosure that supports large drives currently I only have a USB2 drive enclosure, which would cap me at 480MBPS which would be lower than the retransfer rate. And even then may also result in a retransfer bottle neck. Alternately, I could move all 4 drives from the NAS into the R720, but I would think that the Raid 5 array would be trashed and I'd lose all the data. Option 7 (I lost count) would be Teraswap and suffer the retransfer bottleneck but with the knowledge that it's going to complete and check everything...eventually. 

3) I followed along with a few different guides to setup my Unraid and was able to configure the drives and cache. 1x 8tb drive as parity and 1x 8tb as data and the 120gb ssd as cache. Basically it is all default but with SI1's best plugins and Krusader. But now I read that it would be best to not have done the default setup exactly. In order to transfer large amounts of data it's best to do so from metal to metal. IE without the parity drive or cache drive. Can those be stopped? When I set up the array it took like 1.5hours/TB to run the parity check (14hours). I'd rather not run that again after what will likely be a multi day transfer. 

I started writing this on Thursday or Friday and just finished up today. I can't remember if there was something else I needed to ask. I'm a hardware guy I start pulling my hair out when I start struggling with software. I will try to be prompt with my replies. Thanks in advance for the help. I know I need a lot.

I've attached the diagnostics zip. Hopefully I haven't doxed myself.

Krusader Capture.JPG

tower-diagnostics-20200702-1145.zip