[SOLVED] Upgrade from Basic to Pro (preconfigured flash)

Been through the wiki, but since I am doing 2 upgrades at once, just want to make sure what I am about to do is the correct thing.

Right now I have a 3 drives system (2 data+1 parity) running on v4.5.1 Basic version.

I received unraid pro on flash directly from lime.

I am going to add a 3rd data drive and swap my existing USB flash with the preconfigured flash with Pro I received from lime.

What I propose to do is write down the disk names and serial numbers from the existing system, then after booting from the new USB flash, assign the disks to the same location (except now I will had another [new] disk, which I will assign as disk3)

Parity will have to be rebuilt to accommodate the new drive.

Sound like a plan?  Thanks!

Been through the wiki, but since I am doing 2 upgrades at once, just want to make sure what I am about to do is the correct thing.

Right now I have a 3 drives system (2 data+1 parity) running on v4.5.1 Basic version.

I received unraid pro on flash directly from lime.

I am going to add a 3rd data drive and swap my existing USB flash with the preconfigured flash with Pro I received from lime.

What I propose to do is write down the disk names and serial numbers from the existing system, then after booting from the new USB flash, assign the disks to the same location (except now I will had another [new] disk, which I will assign as disk3)

Parity will have to be rebuilt to accommodate the new drive.

Sound like a plan?  Thanks!

Or, you could copy the "config" folder from the old flash drive to the new, being careful to not overwrite the .key file on the new drive.  (In fact, it might make sense to make a copy of the .key file on the new flash drive to save on your PC.)

If you copy the config folder you'll be able to reboot and all your disks will be already assigned and no parity calc will be needed.  Then you'll be able to stop the array and add disk3.

If you've not pre-cleared the new disk it is probably a good idea to do so before using it in your array.

Joe L.