unraid 6.8.3 not recognizing HP NC523SFP

i got the HP NC523SFP 10gb dual port SFP+ nic off ebay to put in my unraid server, unfortunately unraid seems to be ignoring that this card is even plugged into the system. the card shows up in bios and the link/act light flash but unraid wont show it as a network device or even as a device at all. is this a problem that unraid doesn't have the drivers for it or is there a fix for it so i don't have to either ask for the drivers be included next release and wait for that to roll out or buy yet another card? (this is the second one i've gotten because i thought the first was faulty) i've attached my diagnostics file if it helps anyone.

server-diagnostics-20200707-2015.zip

hmm...well that makes this rather annoying then. i know i can ask the devs to include the drivers in the next release (there are 64bit linux drivers available to download for it) but is there any way i could get the driver installed myself and use the card untill the next release rolls out with the drivers? 

i see.....its a bit strange that it shows up in windows, both on another system and on that one (had some other issues and swapped the motherboard out, had tested the nic in it before it got put into the server) but not in unraid...and on a motherboard it was already tested with to work in windows. i guess ill order a melanox card off ebay and hope it works when it gets here

There are some strange errors that might be part of the reason it's not being detect by Linux, like these:

Jul  7 19:54:01 otfgserver kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Jul  7 19:54:01 otfgserver kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Jul  7 19:54:03 otfgserver kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]
Jul  7 19:54:03 otfgserver kernel: caller _nv000908rm+0x1bf/0x1f0 [nvidia] mapping multiple BARs
Jul  7 19:54:06 otfgserver kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]

You can try another slot, look for a bios update, etc, but this is still true:

22 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Until the NIC is detected, i.e., it shows up on the devices list (or lspci) having the driver or not won't make any difference.

i've been seeing those errors for a while....even with the nic out....it seems to only flood the log when the mover is running and only showed up after i installed the mover tuning plugin, and i've already tried a different pcie slot, if this card wont work with unraid i'l just order a melanox one (they seem to be the most popular on here) and have this card kicking around on a shelf as a spare

• 3 weeks later...