Cyberpower AVR questions

CS01-HS

Split off from this thread.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, CS01-HS said:

I have the Cyberpower 685AVRG and monitoring input voltage (grafana via NUT plugin) I've seen it dip as low as 110 without AVR kicking in, at least as far as I can tell. I have AVR set to high-sensitivity. Is that expected or maybe it's kicking in and I'm not detecting it?

16 hours ago, Energen said:

Were you able to set the values for AVR voltage?  I did some researching and playing around with the NUT plugin and the default value for input.transfer.low is 90w, which is the level I believe it needs to drop to in order for AVR to kick in.  That is quite the drop from standard USA electric power levels. 

I haven't been able to figure out how to get that value to change.  I'm not sure which custom configuration file it should go in and the command line to change the value doesn't seem to do anything (upsrw -s input.transfer.low=100 -u admin -p adminpass ups) as far as updating any change to that level on the status page in unraid.

NUT doesn't report an input.transfer.low for my CP685AVRG where AVR sensitivity's set with the unit's buttons.

I know that to change the "low battery" setting required an additional flag (search here TUTORIAL: Networked NUT for Cyberpower UPS for "ignorelb")

Edited by CS01-HS

I'd be interested to see if anyone has been able to get NUT or APCUPSD to change / register different AVR voltages..

I have a CyberPower OR1500LCDRM1U UPS and just "figured" that it worked automatically... with no idea of what it considered a low voltage for AVR.. I just "figured" that it regulated any deviance from 120v.

According to APCUPSD and NUT, both report the default setting is 90v with no obvious way to change that value.  Does that really mean that AVR does not turn on until it drops to 90v?  That would seem to defeat the purpose of having AVR.

From CyberPower: The OR1500LCDRM1U uses Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) to correct minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, which extends battery life. AVR is essential in areas where power fluctuations occur frequently.

A 30v drop is not a minor power fluctuation.  Or is this setting just not what controls AVR, or is NUT/apcuspd just reporting something wrong?

UPS pros, let's get to the bottom of this!

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Today I saw evidence of AVR kicking.

Voltage at the wall outlet was ~104V

Voltage at the UPS was ~116V

My UPS is set to High Sensitivity

1675999593_ScreenShot2020-08-09at3_27_53PM.png.570db0f0efd7cab2a7397dcd365d6b1e.png

$ upsc cyberpower | grep 'ups.status'
Init SSL without certificate database
ups.status: OL BOOST

Edited by CS01-HS