Change in LAN IP address made dockers stop working

So I built a new machine at my office and fully configured it the way I wanted it.  At the office my IP was 192.168.1.81.  I brought the new machine home to set it up knowing that I would have to change a few addresses in the dockers.  At home the IP is 172.16.0.150.  For the most part the server works and I have all the same ports forwarded at home but now next cloud doesn't work locally or remotely, and I am having errors with all sorts of other dockers.  I can not add indexers to radarr and sonarr and plex wont update metadata for the library.

Am I missing something?  Literally the only thing that changed was the main incoming IP address.

thanks

Just to further explain the issue...

I have subdomains set up with my own domain name that the cnames point to duckdns.org and then to my router.  One issue I am finding which may be the source of a lot of issues is that even though I forwarded port 80 & 443 for letsencrypt, when duckdns say to g to my wan IP I get the router login page and not the docker container.  I have tried several ways to forward the port but keep getting that same login.  So this could be why nextcloud and some other dockers aren't working right.  However it seems strange to me that when trying to create an indexer entry or set up sabnzb in sonarr, radarr or lidarr that it fails.  I have checked several times if the API key is correct and that the URL is correct.  Mostly it tells me that the hostname is wrong, which I have set as TOWER, which worked before.  Like I said previously, the whole system worked fine at work and then everything stopped working perfectly once I cam home and set it up on a different router with a different IP range then that of the office.

OK I have an update.  Today I went to work and I was able to connect to the unraid server at home via openvps.  Also I was able to  enter one of my subdomains and it connected to sonarr and radarr and lidarr like it should.  Oh also nextcloud worked perfectly.  However upon getting home I tried again while connected to my local wifi and typed in the same subdomain address and instead of going to the docker like at work it takes me to a page saying the connection is unsafe.  I click the advanced tab and tell it to continue to the subdomain and it takes me to my router login page.  

It is like when I am on the same network of the server I am not getting https or something.  Now through the docker screen I can open the dockers web UI excpet for nextcloud and that's because in the config file I have it set to call up the subdomain.  

So things are almost working correctly.  Just very strange it works remotely and not locally.

15 hours ago, cosmicrelish said:

Just very strange it works remotely and not locally.

That's normal when the router isn't set to reflect outside addresses accessed from the inside to the appropriate internal resources.

Search for your router model plus the terms "nat loopback reflection hairpinning"

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 1:23 PM, jonathanm said:

That's normal when the router isn't set to reflect outside addresses accessed from the inside to the appropriate internal resources.

Search for your router model plus the terms "nat loopback reflection hairpinning"

Thanks, You are correct.  This is what's happening, the NAT reflection.  I can access everything from outside the network but not from within.  I searched for my router, a Spectrum cable router, and I'm not sure I can change anything to do with NAT.  Do you know of any workarounds?  Its annoying that I can't access nextcloud from within the network.