SMB unable to access certain folders

Having issues logging into unraid from windows machine, Certain folders work great and others dont, I can try to change permissions via newperms command which works, but different folders or later on it appears permissions may get changed back. 

I did setup rootshare, I did follow SMB video by spaceinvaderone.

Any help would be great. Not sure why i have 2 different users, scuba is new user and powerhorse is old but worked on old system.

The folder giving me issues with ths windows 102 folder, win10dupe works fine.

chrome_kxAu339Too.png.c690d36d3a946685f05998c1bd2ce083.png

chrome_EPedCRReD7.png

• 4 weeks later...

Following, as I have the same issue. newperms fixes the issue temporarily. However, some folders loose their permissions over time. I mostly see this in my steam library. Steam is able to find a game but doesn't have permission to update it. I run newperms on the game folder and then steam can update that game. Later, steam tries to update the same game and no longer has permission.

Also, my files/folders were copied from a windows machine. Please tell me there is a fix for this (other than deleting and starting over on the unraid server).

Edited by TBG_Killer