Vm settings not saving

Hi again!

try to make a change using the visual editor, say adjust memory assignment in the vm, or toggle a cPU. Click update and see if that sticks.

if it does, try the xml edit again. You need to be careful in editing the xml that you don’t inadvertently cause an error in the file, like accidentally leaving out a quotation mark, or deleting an angle bracket.

try making the xml changes one at a time to see if you can narrow down which one is the problem.

also, when you get it working, get into the habit of saving datestamped known working versions of the xml that you can revert to in case things go wrong with further edits.

plus do post diagnostics (tools -> diagnostics)

Edited by meep
8 minutes ago, meep said:

Hi again!

try to make a change using the visual editor, say adjust memory assignment in the vm, or toggle a cPU. Click update and see if that sticks.

if it does, try the xml edit again. You need to be careful in editing the xml that you don’t inadvertently cause an error in the file, like accidentally leaving out a quotation mark, or deleting an angle bracket.

try making the xml changes one at a time to see if you can narrow down which one is the problem.

also, when you get it working, get into the habit of saving datestamped known working versions of the xml that you can revert to in case things go wrong with further edits.

plus do post diagnostics (tools -> diagnostics)

22 minutes ago, Squid said:

Post your diagnostics

tower-diagnostics-20200711-1011.zip

I had a quick look and don’t see anything obvious. Plus it’s my turn to get some sleep!

try some of the steps above. Also, try switching off ALL the usb passthrough s, and see if you can then edit xml. If yes, switch on usb one at a time and use a process of elimination to figure out if one of these is the case of the problem

if you don’t figure it out, and no one else can help, we can do another discord session tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, meep said:

I had a quick look and don’t see anything obvious. Plus it’s my turn to get some sleep!

try some of the steps above. Also, try switching off ALL the usb passthrough s, and see if you can then edit xml. If yes, switch on usb one at a time and use a process of elimination to figure out if one of these is the case of the problem

if you don’t figure it out, and no one else can help, we can do another discord session tomorrow.

Thankyou, i tried to turn off all the usb passthrough and when i re added the "multifunction='on'" it didnt save again sadly. Please DM me on discord to setup a time