Added new disk to array and started clearing. Got to 58% but it hasn’t made any progress in over 12 hours

As title mentioned my disk clearing is stuck. Added a 6TB drive to the array and it made it to 58.1% and says 5hours remaining. Problem is it’s been stuck there for the last 12 hours.

Server is functioning fine other than this. I can’t cancel or pause the operation. (It prompts me to confirm the actions but doesn’t do anything).

What do I do?

2f30bd9dfeaf52a795ad32eec9ea4a90.jpg

tower-diagnostics-20200711-1129.zip

Edited by tmchow
Added diagnostics
1 hour ago, tmchow said:

Sorry you’re right. I always forget that. Just added the zip to my original post!

As a rule of thumb it is normally best to attach it to a new post.    The problem is that when attached to the original post those monitoring for new posts may well end up not seeing it.   In this case since you posted a new message anyway it should not get missed.

As a rule of thumb it is normally best to attach it to a new post.    The problem is that when attached to the original post those monitoring for new posts may well end up not seeing it.   In this case since you posted a new message anyway it should not get missed.

Yes, got it. But I did it intentionally that way since as threads evolve it’s hard to find attachments if it’s not with the original.

It appears to be a GUI problem, clear process concluded:

Jul 10 00:36:30 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: clear ...
Jul 10 12:56:51 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=44421sec
Jul 10 12:56:51 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: exit status: 0

Not sure the disk was added to the array though, you'll need to reboot to find out.

It appears to be a GUI problem, clear process concluded:
Jul 10 00:36:30 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: clear ......Jul 10 12:56:51 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=44421secJul 10 12:56:51 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: exit status: 0

Not sure the disk was added to the array though, you'll need to reboot to find out.

Thanks. I’m going to reboot and verify