Passed thru Bluray drive read spead and errors.

Hello.

Searching the forums, I was able to passthru my attached bluray drive to a VM by adding the following to the VM XML in the devices section:

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='scsi' managed='no' rawio='yes'>
      <source>
        <adapter name='scsi_host10'/>
        <address bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
      </source>
      <readonly/>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </hostdev>

In general it works. The Ubuntu 20 VM sees the drive and can read from it. What it reads appears to be valid, but the read spead is only about 4MB/s and the following error(s) are filling syslog:

Jul 11 11:43:51 dev kernel: sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#122 FAILED Result: hostbyte=DID_OK driverbyte=DRIVER_SENSE
Jul 11 11:43:51 dev kernel: sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#122 Sense Key : Aborted Command [current] 
Jul 11 11:43:51 dev kernel: sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#122 Add. Sense: I/O process terminated
Jul 11 11:43:51 dev kernel: sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0] tag#122 CDB: Read(10) 28 00 00 00 30 00 00 02 80 00
Jul 11 11:43:51 dev kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 49152 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 23 prio class 

This goes on and on and on during the read.

Any thoughts on how to correct this and make the read speeds better?

EDIT: Stopping the VM and using the drive in the unraid root terminal does not produce this error in the host logs and the read spead reaches up to 20MB/s. This would appear to be some kind of VM/passthru issue.

Edited by draeh
Additional information