b450 aurus pr motherboard

ryzen 3600

32gb memory

supermicro case 

p400 gpu 

2x Fujitsu 9211-8i in it mode 

now the problems

Fujitsu 9211-8i

if i have just one raid card install the server works and plex works but i can only see 8 disks 

if i have 2 raid cards and one HBA on each crad i can only see half of the drives 

but has soon has i install the second raid card and set it to 1 in the raid controller the system start to boot shows all 11 drives in the raid bios but they dont show up in unraid and the p400 doesn't work 

anybody got any ideas 

i am assuming it is an unraid issue with the raid bios showing all the disks (but you all know what asume did) i could understand if if i could not see the drives in the bios but they are showing up.

Thanks in advance 

15 hours ago, andy harris said:

hi

i have an issue with my server 

specs

b450 aurus pr motherboard

ryzen 3600

32gb memory

supermicro case 

p400 gpu 

2x Fujitsu 9211-8i in it mode 

now the problems

Fujitsu 9211-8i

if i have just one raid card install the server works and plex works but i can only see 8 disks 

if i have 2 raid cards and one HBA on each crad i can only see half of the drives 

but has soon has i install the second raid card and set it to 1 in the raid controller the system start to boot shows all 11 drives in the raid bios but they dont show up in unraid and the p400 doesn't work 

anybody got any ideas 

i am assuming it is an unraid issue with the raid bios showing all the disks (but you all know what asume did) i could understand if if i could not see the drives in the bios but they are showing up.

Thanks in advance 

i had a similar issue trying to run 3 pci express sata cards not seeing all the ports. when running 3 pci cards if i understand it right it will run 8x slot 1 and 4x slot 2 and 3 your raid cards are probably 8x cards. i think this is the limits of the b450 chip as it only has 16 lanes from the cpu. you can skirt this by getting a 16 port mini sas or switch to an x470 board which i believe handles the lanes better and has lanes of its own to use but i am not 100% on the x470 path. your raid card probably handle more drives and their are breakout boards you can get to run more drives off the controler. i ended upt buying 4 different controllers and counting to trying and fix this i have a 16 port raid at the moment running all the drives in their own container. i just got my hba card in so i will be trying that out this weekend. if you want to pm me over the weekend ill let you know if this fleabay card from china worked.

07:00.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Fujitsu Technology Solutions HBA Ctrl SAS 6G 0/1 [D2607] [1734:1177]
    Kernel driver in use: pciback
    Kernel modules: mpt3sas

Because of this:

Jul 14 12:58:04 Interocitor kernel: Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage xen-pciback.hide=(07:00.0)(08:00.0)(09:00.0)(0a:00.0) initrd=/bzroot

5 minutes ago, andy harris said:

it it is not something I have entered

Someone/something did, it's certainly not default, but yes you can remove it, on the main page click on flash, scroll down to Syslinux configuration, make sure it's set to "menu view" (upper right corner) and remove:

xen-pciback.hide=(07:00.0)(08:00.0)(09:00.0)(0a:00.0)

11 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Someone/something did, it's certainly not default, but yes you can remove it, on the main page click on flash, scroll down to Syslinux configuration, make sure it's set to "menu view" (upper right corner) and remove:

xen-pciback.hide=(07:00.0)(08:00.0)(09:00.0)(0a:00.0)

after much sole searching and trying to remember (not easy at my age) i remembered it was me 😞 😂 many moons ago when i first installed and setup unraid (so last week) i had it in there when i was running a pci card with 4 network cards on it with pfsense installed on the server 

so i apologise for having a memory like a network without a firewall 

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] problem with 3 card on b450 motherbard