Unraid IOMMU support.

I need some help, I have my unraid machine fully working and have tested stability by running for 24hrs (I know its not long in but it's for testing purposes)

When I enable IOMMU it fails to boot into unraid photo of the only error I can see attached. 

As with the last issue I had I cannot get unraid to dump a diagnostic file to pull while it's in this state. 

Screenshot of hardware info screen is attached (this screenshot was taken with IOMMU disabled allowing me to correctly boot. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

20200713_201816.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-203057_Chrome.jpg

Make sure your BIOS is up to date.  Also to be aware of is that your processor was released in 2013 and may (or may not) actually have proper IOMMU support that works properly.

But, TBH with only 8GB of RAM your ability to run any VMs with passthrough is going to be severely limited anyways.

2 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

do you bind some pci device? do you edit your syslinux.cfg?

I didn't change anything between booting it in its stable working form and it not booting atall other than turning IOMMU on in the bios. 

Everything else was identical. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Squid said:

Make sure your BIOS is up to date.  Also to be aware of is that your processor was released in 2013 and may (or may not) actually have proper IOMMU support that works properly.

But, TBH with only 8GB of RAM your ability to run any VMs with passthrough is going to be severely limited anyways.

I will check for a bios update and the 8gb of ram is just what I had laying around to test unraid with I'm still in the 30day trial. 

All the vm will do is run citrix receiver and plex desktop client on the TV in another room as I have a gaming laptop which I use for everything. 

Edited by Joe L
  • Like 1

I have confirmed there has not been a bios update since the board was released so that is not the issue.

I have not touched any configs but have tried another usb and still failed to boot, I also tried another PCI slot still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar issues. I want to run multiple Gaming Computers using UnRaid. My specs are as follow Ryzen 3700x, Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming K4, 16GB RAM.

My plan is to run 4 Moderate Gaming Computers where I will assign 4 core + 4GB RAM per Virtual Machines. In order to test the setup first I had a Nvidia GT640 as primary graphics, and a AMD RX480 and AMD RX470 for gaming. I had no idea that IMMOU was initially disabled on the BIOS. I started the setup and I successfully configured UnRaid until the point where I was adding VMs - and I could not see my graphics on the GPU list. In the system devices I can see my Graphics Card being detected though. So I digged into forums and found out IMMOU needed to be enabled. And after enabled IMMOU on the BIOS, Unraid won't work properly. In my case it boots to Unraid GUI and after logging in I can't get the configuration pages. If I use another computer and type http://tower on the browser it doesn't work. On local machine i.e. on the unraid machine itself, if I type http://localhost on the browser it doesn't work.  If I disable the IMMOU and restart Unraid everything works but I can't get my GPUs in the list. This means that when I am enabling IMMOU my LAN is not functioning.

Edited by altrixcyber
27 minutes ago, altrixcyber said:

I have similar issues. I want to run multiple Gaming Computers using UnRaid. My specs are as follow Ryzen 3700x, Asrock Fatality B450 Gaming K4, 16GB RAM.

My plan is to run 4 Moderate Gaming Computers where I will assign 4 core + 4GB RAM per Virtual Machines. In order to test the setup first I had a Nvidia GT640 as primary graphics, and a AMD RX480 and AMD RX470 for gaming. I had no idea that IMMOU was initially disabled on the BIOS. I started the setup and I successfully configured UnRaid until the point where I was adding VMs - and I could not see my graphics on the GPU list. So I digged into forums and found out IMMOU needed to be enabled. And after enabled IMMOU on the BIOS, Unraid won't work properly. In my case it boots to Unraid GUI and after logging in I can't get the configuration pages. If I use another computer and type http://tower on the browser it doesn't work. On local machine i.e. on the unraid machine itself, if I type http://localhost on the browser it doesn't work.  If I disable the IMMOU and restart Unraid everything works but I can't get my GPUs in the list. This means that when I am enabling IMMOU my LAN is not functioning.

You are better off posting a separate topic with your specific details.