Inspiration for unRAID

Nanobug

Hello unRAID forums

I'm still fairly new at unRAID and the world of Linux.
I'm always looking for things there could be useful for my setup, but I don't know where to look for them. I just stumble upon them randomly.
Is there a place to get inspiration for things like that?

I mainly use mine for media streamning, from plex. But i also have various dockers like surveillance station, nextcloud, homeautomation, unifi controller etc.

I also have a bunch of vms, i run from time to time. I like to try new Linux distros, and use unraid to test them in.

Whenever i need inspiration, i look at screenshots from other unraid users, to see what docker and vms they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, perhansen said:

I mainly use mine for media streamning, from plex. But i also have various dockers like surveillance station, nextcloud, homeautomation, unifi controller etc.

I also have a bunch of vms, i run from time to time. I like to try new Linux distros, and use unraid to test them in.

Whenever i need inspiration, i look at screenshots from other unraid users, to see what docker and vms they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use mine for a media setup as well.
For that I've got:
Plex

Tautulli
Ombi
Jackett
Sonarr
Radarr
Deluge

I've got Rocket.Chat with MongoDB setup, Nextcloud with OnlyOfficeDocumentServer and mariadb, netdata (looking for a replacement for that), Krusader, pihole and NGINX Proxy Manager.
I've also set up a LANCache which I don't use since I have 500/500 mbit internet, so I can't squeeze much more out of it.
I have a multi-streaming docker setup up so I can send it to Twitch, YouTube and Facebook at the same time, or just multiple channels of the same site.
I've got a streaming docker to handle the transcode.

I don't need the UniFi controller since I have a UDM and it's built into that.
Î've looked at Home Assistant, but I don't really have any Smart Home deviced to hook it up for yet.

I have a bunch of apps pinned that I'm looking at regularly and setting up nice and slowly when I have time for it.

@Nanobug

1. Airsonic-Advanced for straming your music library to any device.
  2. Matix a decentralized encrypted chat & VOIP... a bit tricky to setup but worth it. can be connected via bridge to Whatsapp, telegram, discord & more.
  3. Nextcloud <- self explanatory
  4. Bitwarden a password manager server
  5. Xbackbone screen capture server that works with ShareX
  6. Youtube-dl-material Video Downloader.

There are more but these are some of the good ones I use. One that is most essential is a reverse proxy I personally use Nginx Proxy Manager.

• Thanks 1
On 7/18/2020 at 10:11 PM, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

@Nanobug

1. Airsonic-Advanced for straming your music library to any device.
  2. Matix a decentralized encrypted chat & VOIP... a bit tricky to setup but worth it. can be connected via bridge to Whatsapp, telegram, discord & more.
  3. Nextcloud <- self explanatory
  4. Bitwarden a password manager server
  5. Xbackbone screen capture server that works with ShareX
  6. Youtube-dl-material Video Downloader.

There are more but these are some of the good ones I use. One that is most essential is a reverse proxy I personally use Nginx Proxy Manager.

I use Nginx Proxy Manager and Nextcloud as well.
I've looked at Bitwarden for a password manager, but I don't know if it's any better than Lastpass. I might take a look at it more closely.
I did look at a YouTube DL at some point, but I didn't get it to work, so I didn't do more with it. It's not like I need it a lot, I can just go on YouTube and see/listen to it anyway.

Airsonic might be useful, but I just listen to Spotify anyway, so I don't know.
Matix I don't really need, I think. I tried to look it up, but I didn't find it. I found a lot about Matrix enctyption though. Do you have a link for Matix?

I don't know about Xbackbone, it sounds cool from what I can tell. I use Snagit right now. I don't really have a huge need to upload my screenshots, but I guess it would be cool in some cases.