Win10VM: USB keyboard not working in-game, PCIe USB passthrough

I'm having a weird problem with my Windows 10 VM. I'm passing through a USB PCIe controller to the VM (and a GPU) and everything works fine with keyboard, mouse, USB audio dongle, GPU.

But when I launch a game (CS: GO, Starcraft I/II), the keyboard stops working. I've tried 2 USB keyboards now with both the same issue (wired and wireless). I've resorted to passing a keyboard directly to the VM and the keyboard works fine at that point. Any ideas of how to resolve this?

image.png.218e4a4c9f9db9d0fa3484b8a5484098.png

image.png.4247cbb181e41cacea39a5434028a0a4.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 3:38 PM, kahunamike said:

For anyone stumbling upon a similar issue, I was able to solve this by disconnecting my monitor's (Dell 2410) USB hub/card reader. Somehow that USB2.0 hub was interfering with other USB devices (my keyboard), even though the keyboard wasn't plugged into any of the monitor's USB ports. Go figure.

Sorry to revive this old post.  I am having this same problem as I use a USB switch/hub to change between my work laptop and unraid machine.  Ideally I would keep using this switch as it worked fine on my previous motherboard's passed through controller but not on this startech PCIE usb 3 card.  Anyone know how to get this working?