Problem NVME Always 100% and freeze VM

1 hour ago, lokize said:

Thanks for help, it happen all time when a downloading a file, i attached diagnostics file!

"when downloading a file" <-- torrent? sab? web?

Your NVMe (ADATA SX6000) looks to be a DRAM-less model so it wouldn't be the best under heavy load e.g. torrenting with Unraid.

Also with your server, you might want to add a storage device to array and put the SSD on cache pool instead.

Array doesn't support trim, which will exacerbate the deficiency of the Adata SSD.

• Like 1

downloading in internet, dont matter software i use, in only windows system this nvme is very fast, no problem with 100% of usage when downloading a file, before creating this topic I did all the wiki procedures and tried several settings on the VM, none of them were successful!

1 hour ago, lokize said:

downloading in internet, dont matter software i use, in only windows system this nvme is very fast, no problem with 100% of usage when downloading a file, before creating this topic I did all the wiki procedures and tried several settings on the VM, none of them were successful!

It works better in Windows bare metal because Windows is able to reserve the RAM directly for the host-managed-buffer (HMB) to work.

A VM vdisk doesn't have that luxury because it is emulated; hence, it doesn't really work that well i.e. the SSD works like a truly DRAM-less version.

If you have another storage device in the array (so that you can take the NVMe out of the array) + pass through the NVMe as a PCIe device to the VM then hopefully that would work better as presumably HMB will then be detected.

• Like 1