WD 12TB Elements External $175.49 @ Amazon

Looks like that's about the going price on a lot of sites... good deal for sure.  However I can't find any info on what the drive itself is.  If you were thinking about stripping this down to pull the drive to use in Unraid, it's not easy to find out if it's SMR or CMR.

1 minute ago, Energen said:

Looks like that's about the going price on a lot of sites... good deal for sure.  However I can't find any info on what the drive itself is.  If you were thinking about stripping this down to pull the drive to use in Unraid, it's not easy to find out if it's SMR or CMR.

Could be a WD120EMAZ white label drive  I know the 8TB Elements and Easystore drives contain the WD80EMAZ drives as I have shucked several of them. 

None of the WD drive 8TB and above are SMR drives. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/wd-lists-all-drives-slower-smr-techNOLOGY

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered these on Amazon a few weeks ago.  Both WD120EMAZ helium drives. The WD 8tb externals appear to be a mix of WD80EMAZ (helium) and WD80EDAZ (air).  The air runs extremely hot (60c) in the external enclosure, but are fine shucked with good airflow.