Server Inaccessible After Unbonding Dual NICs

I've been running on a server with dual NICs from the beginning, but only ever utilized one of them. I decided I wanted to look at PFSense last night and figured running it as a VM would be a good option just for testing it out. I figured I would bridge my second NIC to it just so I could play around with it. 

When I went to set up the second NIC in unRAID, I realized for the first time that unRAID had bonded my two interfaces by default. I unbonded the interfaces, kept eth0 as it was with the IP if x.x.x.13, what it has always been, and assigned x.x.x.14 to eth1. Things seemed to be normal at the start. I took a look at PFSense and realized I was going to be better off testing it on a physical machine, so at that point I physically disconnected eth1 and that is where the weirdness began. I immediately lost connectivity to my server. I ran a ping and sure enough no response from .13. However, I did get a response from .14. Odd, since I disconnected the interface that should have been .14. I reconnected eth1 and the server came back. I disconnected eth1 again and got the same result. At this point I thought maybe I was wrong on which physical port was which on the server, so  to troubleshoot, I went ahead and disconnected eth0 and left eth1 plugged in. Server dropped again. No response from .13, but again a response from .14... I still don't know what was going on there. It was already 1:30 at that point, so I just said screw it and left them both plugged in, since it seemed to be happy with that, and went to bed.

Fast forward to this morning right before I was leaving for work. I realized that my Plex server was down (docker container in unRAID). I tried to get into the unRAID UI and got no response. No dockers containers responding. Can't connect with SSH. No pings from .13 or .14. The only thing that IS working is my Windows 10 VM that I VPN/RDP into from work, which is very odd since that VM is bridged to eth0, which is otherwise not responding. I couldn't do anything else with it as I had to leave for work.

That's kind of where I'm at right now. The VM is still working as that's what I'm remoted into and writing this from right now, but I am otherwise unable to access my server in any way. I'm going to plug a monitor into it once I get home and try to get diagnostics from it to post here, but for now I'm just sitting here at work for the next eight hours going absolutely crazy and needed to get this out there. Any thoughts?

Edited by Phastor
40 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This might help.

If it's something as simple as both NICs having IPs on the same subnet, I'll be very happy, but confused. I understand having the same IP would cause an issue, but what about having two NICs on the same subnet doesn't sit well with unRAID? I'm not doubting that can be my issue--I want it to be that simple. I'm just curious.