[SOLVED] Failed flash, no backup, disk assignments

Hey all, through an unfortunate sequence of events, my buddies flash drive has died and the backups I was retaining for him are also gone.

I found this thread that gives me some comfort in getting things going again for the array, but it doesn't specifically say much about the cache pool.

In this case there are only two drives in the array, so I think that will be simple to put back together using the UD method mentioned to identify the parity disk. However, if I assign the SSDs back into the cache pool, does the order of those matter, and does checking the box for 'parity is valid' also apply to the btrfs mirror?

If you have any insight on this bit it would be very much appreciated.

I have now got UD running on the new flash drive and everything appears 'mountable' in UD. Should I just try to mount the spinning disks from the array with the read only flag set to see which one won't mount? Any risk with that?

image.thumb.png.636fd35ef9a43497af2058fdafafa269.png

I tried mounting the spinning disks read only and both mounted, so now I don't know what to do. Any advice on how to figure out my assignments in this situation?

Thanks!

-Landon

Edited by johnnie.black
if I assign the SSDs back into the cache pool, does the order of those matter, and does checking the box for 'parity is valid' also apply to the btrfs mirror?

Order doesn't matter for the cache pool, just make sure all members are assigned, and parity valid check box if for the array only.

Any risk with that?

No risk, also since there was only one data disk parity is a mirror of that, so in this case you can also use either one as parity/data.