One server, multiple users, sensitive data

Hello everbody!
Not sure if this is the correct place to create this topic, if it's not please let me know and I'll move it.

I'm looking at building a storage server for my business and I am doing it together with another business in town (aka partner). The server is going to be located at my office but my partner's data is very sensitive. This is the reason he wants to have his own server instead of buying just storage space online. His demand to be able to share this server with me is this: He is the only one that can access his data. So even though the server is in my office there is no way for me to get access to his data. Obviously I have to have my data on the server as well and we already have a third person that is interested in having acess to the server if I can guarantee this. The amount of data that my partner and the third person have is not that much, I do have a lot of data however.
I hope I have explained this good enough, if not just ask for details and I'll try to give them to you.

Thanks in advance!

Seems like some work to implement, if it's still valid.. but he could have a TrueCrypt volume on your server so only he can access it via TrueCrypt.

Otherwise he's better off just using Dropbox or some other cloud service with an encryption component like BoxCryptor.

https://www.boxcryptor.com/en/

Actually, he could also just use BoxCryptor on an Unraid share.  That works too, and easier to use than the TrueCrypt method.

12 hours ago, Eric-da-schweed said:

Hello everbody!
Not sure if this is the correct place to create this topic, if it's not please let me know and I'll move it.

I'm looking at building a storage server for my business and I am doing it together with another business in town (aka partner). The server is going to be located at my office but my partner's data is very sensitive. This is the reason he wants to have his own server instead of buying just storage space online. His demand to be able to share this server with me is this: He is the only one that can access his data. So even though the server is in my office there is no way for me to get access to his data. Obviously I have to have my data on the server as well and we already have a third person that is interested in having acess to the server if I can guarantee this. The amount of data that my partner and the third person have is not that much, I do have a lot of data however.
I hope I have explained this good enough, if not just ask for details and I'll try to give them to you.

Thanks in advance!

Why not use the Nextcloud Docker container from @linuxserver.io on the Unraid server and enable data encryption so the data is not accessable for you only if you have the credentials to his Nextcloud account, also Nextcloud could also use OAuth for extra security at the login, you even can point the data directory to a separate Share/Array/Cache Pool only for him.

17 hours ago, Eric-da-schweed said:

I'm looking at building a storage server for my business and I am doing it together with another business in town (aka partner).

I always recommend against using unRAID for business purposes for various reasons but chief among them is that in my opinion security on unRAID is not up to snuff for business purposes. 

17 hours ago, Eric-da-schweed said:

The server is going to be located at my office but my partner's data is very sensitive.

With this is mind I would even more strongly recommend not using unRAID in your case. If its not secure enough for regular business data it certainly is not secure enough for anything someone would consider "very sensitive".