Hard Drives won't turn on

Long story but I had an unraid server with 14 drives that was working.  I wanted to switch to a new case.  When I switched it to the new case, only 4 drives were showing up in unraid.  After much troubleshooting, I put everything back in the old case and of course, only 4 drives showed up.  The main difference between the two cases was that the old case had Icy Dock HDD trays, which had been working fine.  The new case had "backplanes" so both the power and data connections were different.  Based on research here and elsewhere, I believe 10 of my drives have damaged PCB boards (best case scenario, hopefully).  They don't spin at all even when hooked up just to power.  Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone replaced the PCB's on their drives or have used a service to do that.  Any ideas on costs and reliability, would be helpful.  Ugh!!!!

Edited by mdizzle
typo
  • 1 month later...

Well, it was a long windy road but I finally got my array back online.  Had to send 10 (not all 10 were part of the array) drives for repair and got back 7 that worked and had to send one more back.  I didn't have to recover all of the drives but they did have to replace the PMB's on all of them. I did have to have to have them recover one drive and that hurt the pocketbook.  Happy to say the array is up and working with all my data.  Thanks to these guys for helping me out, they were very easy to work with.  I haven't used any others but I highly recommend them.  

https://outsourcedatarecovery.com/