Losing all meta data when I reboot

Plex....  I moved the app data to my cache using Krusader.  System seams to have sped up, however whenever I reboot, I seam to lose all meta data.  No movie or tv covers or information, just movie title and a blank box.

Possible Reason - but I don't really know:  I turned on Thumbnails to auto update when a movie is added. Could building thumbnails blank the data?  The reason I ask, I just continued to play on a movie and I noticed the thumbnails instead of just the number count.

Edited by Mystic
Additional Question

Thanks for the help.  actual screen shop is attached

I removed the text.  A little uneasy about posting my Plex_Claim....  even though someone could still just type it - I don't know enough yet so I will error on the side of safety 🥵.  I created the BootLeg path to generate the run command, then removed it.

Edited by Mystic
decided not to post text
38 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Thanks for the assistance.  I've posted my array and currently most artwork has returned to the libraries.  I am a little resistant to rebooting, but I think I will just to see what happens in about 1 hour.

You could try to change /mnt/cache/plex_appdata to /mnt/user/plex_appdata (that should also work, but since I'm using Emby/Jellyfin and not plex I'm not 100% sure if this will work, some applications don't like the '/mnt/user' path when they are running in a container but I think for plex this should be no problem).

Also is the path correct by default it points to something like /mnt/user/appdata/plex or is this intended that 'plex_appdata' shows up as a share in unraid?

Just rebooted before responding.  All meta data remained in Plex...  I think it's working properly and as I mention at the top of the post, I may have been a little anxious while Plex was updating the meta data.  The path I created following my favorite mentor on Youtube, "Space Invader".  The plex_appdata directory I created on the cache.

I should have posted this from the start:

Plex AppData Source:

/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server

Move to Cache Plex AppData Destination:

/mnt/cache/plex_appdata/

Thanks again @ich777,  Looking forward to you assistance in the future.

• Like 1