shares are not available/ docker and VMs too! except when booting in safe mode

Hey Guys,

I am currently using the latest unraid next release and I am not sure what happened. After a recent reboot I mentioned that all my shares are missing in Unraid and I am not sure why. Except when I am booting in safe mode. Then the shares are available.

grafik.thumb.png.59ce7bac274189cd21dd3c2de4861126.png

Also docker states that the service is not available as well as the vms.

grafik.png.962616ea8e3bc7b89271692c5a662bd9.pnggrafik.png.b40a09881e8557e4616acffaddb55c46.png

Is this some kind of misconfiguration?

Thanks in advance!!

tower-diagnostics-20200719-1821.zip

Edited by Timnbvc

The reason I ask is because your appdata config shows

# Share exists on no drives

I'm not sure why this would happen out of the blue, unless it's some sort of bug from the 6.9 beta. Until someone comes along with a more definitive answer, i'd try troubleshooting with a couple different things. 

1. Roll back to the latest stable release

2. Confirm that you can actually find the appdata folder and it's contents.

3. Set your appdata cache use to "only" instead of "prefer" which is how you have it set now. Then run mover to get any remaining appdata off the array and wholly into cache. If this doesn't work for whatever reason, you can try using the Unbalance Plugin or Krusader docker to manually move the appdata from the array to cache. 

Then reboot and see how it looks. Certainly not a diagnosis as to what caused this, somebody more adept at reading logs may have more insight than i can offer, but maybe it'll help get you going in the right direction. If you were unable to ever find your appdata and its contents, you may be looking at having to restore from a backup

• Like 1

Hey thanks for your reply but I am not sure if changing the OS is a good idea, since I had massive problems of running unraid in the stable release (driver issues: I think my network driver was not recognized in the stable branch)

Weirdly I am not able to choose a different release since it is somehow stuck on the next relese. ( I can't select the stable)

Maybe a complete reinstall will do it, what do you think?

If you still have the situation where booting in Safe Mode works then that means that you must be installing a plugin that is causing your problems.    You could try disabling them all and then re-installing them one at a time to find the culprit.

while running in Safe Mode it can also be a good idea to carry out file system checks on each drive as that can also cause problems if present.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you still have the situation where booting in Safe Mode works then that means that you must be installing a plugin that is causing your problems.    You could try disabling them all and then re-installing them one at a time to find the culprit.

while running in Safe Mode it can also be a good idea to carry out file system checks on each drive as that can also cause problems if present.

This worked!!

I will make a post here which plugin was causing this when i found out which plugin was doing this

My hardware is pretty new (the new intel generation), so could this be a compatibility issue?

Edited by Timnbvc