*Help*- Flash IT Mode - LSI SAS9217-4i4e - HP

Hello everyone!

I'm really new to flashing SAS cards.

I received this card from my brother for free. He bought it and couldn't get it to work and it is past the return window.

I was wondering how to flash this one to I.T Mode.

Everything I search just has people talking about buying an already flashed card. Or just getting a different model.

I'm not looking to buy another card. I can live without this, but it would be pretty awesome to get it to work to pool JBOD

LSI SAS9217-4i4e - HP

If anyone has leads for this, I would be very grateful! 

IMG_9702.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I too am interested in this purely because now I think I want the external port, rather than spend £25 on a PCI adapter to add a port.  There must've been a reason I discounted this model when making my original purchase.  I found this OEM board on eBay.  Original board is the LSI 9207-4i4e (non-OEM) version I believe.

Update: Bought one, found firmware on the Broadcom website, once it arrives I'll let you know if it's successful

Edited by EvylRat
Update
  • 1 month later...

I have the OEM version too.

Tried flashing the card today using the method outlined here - https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-updating-your-lsi-sas-controller-with-a-uefi-motherboard/131
The FW file includes HBA_9207_4i4e_IT and HBA_9217_4i4e_IR, FW v 20.

Simple and straight forward.  Used a PC I know worked flashing before.  Switched over to IT mode with little effort.

Tested it - works (well, I can see drives in the SAS config).  I need to test the external port next, then finally in Unraid (will get a trial USB setup).

Edited by EvylRat
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, posting as a guest as I came across this post whilst searching for flasing instructions for the card.

I've got this card on order (refurbished).

The link described below doesn't seem to include any 4i4e firmware versions - just 8i ones.

On 10/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, EvylRat said:

I have the OEM version too.

Tried flashing the card today using the method outlined here - https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-updating-your-lsi-sas-controller-with-a-uefi-motherboard/131
The FW file includes HBA_9207_4i4e_IT and HBA_9217_4i4e_IR, FW v 20.

Simple and straight forward.  Used a PC I know worked flashing before.  Switched over to IT mode with little effort.

Tested it - works (well, I can see drives in the SAS config).  I need to test the external port next, then finally in Unraid (will get a trial USB setup).

Could anybody point me to the correct download location?

I found this one after a lot of searching - would it work?

https://www.thomas-krenn.com/redx/tools/mb_download.php/ct.V4M1bg/mid.yf3090c0f81768e44/FW_Avago_9207_4i4e_Package_P20_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_20160.zip?utm_source=thomas-krenn.com&utm_medium=RSS-Feed&utm_content=Firmware Avago 9207-4i4e&utm_campaign=Downloads

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, TheDoctor0587 said:

Hi, posting as a guest as I came across this post whilst searching for flashing instructions for the card.

I've got this card on order (refurbished).

The link described below doesn't seem to include any 4i4e firmware versions - just 8i ones.

Could anybody point me to the correct download location?

Many thanks!

https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12350476

That is the link I used on my HP HBA card, it's the file called 9207_4i4e_Package_P20_IR_IT_FW_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip