windows server 2019

OK here goes. I have the windows server 2019(i have used 2016 as well). The install goes well i set it up as a domain controller and add it to my current forest as a controller all seems well. then i shut down the main DC and see if the server vm can carry the load. It cant i cant even get the smb file share to login to the VM's DC it just cant seem to run as a DC inside the vm. to make matters worse it causes the unraid server to lock up when i try and connect to the active directory share i have reboot the unraid server and then shut of the vm and removed it in order just to get access to the unraid box.

I've searched the forums and found some info but not enough to answer things 

2 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

I have server 2019 running fine as a vm on unraid so must be something you did or in your config. No clue what you have done since you dont give much info. 

the server runs fine as a member server but the second i try to promote it a domain controller and let it control the active directory it goes all screwy lol.