Docker Version "not available"

Hi

When I go into my DOCKER tab all my dockers are listed as VERSION "not available";

image.png.774e9b2dbc449b0e36c2ffd6c3437e62.png

Does anyone else have this, or know how to fix it?

The only work around I have found is to switch to advanced view and run "force update"... this then shows that the latest version is installed. But soon after, if I go back into DOCKERs it shows "not available" again.

I have two HP servers and this persistent annoyance only happens on one!

Any pointers?

Thanks

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing this here as well today. Seems to be something I can live with so I'm just documenting what is going on. 

Started with my binhex-deluge docker reporting "not available", all others showed updated (I did an update all a few days ago). 

Updated my linuxserver/letsencrypt to be linuxserver/swag. 

Restarted my server to fix a Web UI glitch where one of my CPU cores was showing 100% even though htop showed very low usage. 

After the restart I started up my Dockers and ... now ALL except linuxserver/swag are showing "not available" (swag was the only one I had manually updated today). 

Clicked "check for updates" and "unavailable" is gone (as in I see either "up-to-date" or "update-ready" for all Dockers)

I use pihole and it's the next-to-last Docker to start in a "start all" sequence. And sure enough as soon as it was active the last in my sequence (swag) showed status. So I have to wonder if folks are seeing this issue due to one of their dockers being needed to be running for the update check to run. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I would bump this as its been several months and I am still having this problem. I upgraded my licence to Pro a few nights ago and replaced my server with a newer DL380 with 18 HDDs - everything works, but just frustrating that this machine lists all the dockers as "Version not available" while my HP Microserver works fine?

I have read a few more cases of this problem with other users - so can anyone offer any thoughts on how to fix it? At the moment I have to force an update on all the dockers for it to show "up to date" but a short while later they all say "not available" again 😞

On 10/5/2020 at 11:51 PM, Squid said:

Is Unraid running through piHole?  If so, then best to not have it do so as that introduces a whole other layer of complexity, and there's no real reason to run it's internet through it in the first place.

How does one stop it from running through piHole?  If the piHole docker is on the server and the DNS settings on the WAN part of the router point to the piHole's docker IP address, how can you stop unRaid from running through it?

• 2 months later...

I was running into the same issue. Docker Version "not available"

In my case Fix Common Problems plugin was reporting "Unable to communicate with GitHub.com".

This issue surfaced after setting unbound Pi-hole as the DNS on my home network.

My workaround was as follows.

1. disable VM and docker in unraid settings

2. change the DNS in unraid IP settings to 1.1.1.1 (use whatever DNS you'd like) rather than my home router IP / Pi-hole

3. re-enable VMs and docker in unraid settings

4. toggle advanced view and force update containers in the docker tab of unraid

After the following the above steps all contains show as up to date and are auto updating again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

A general tip for those people you use pi-hole as local DNS server.

Always make sure your Unraid server does NOT use the pi-hole DNS server, but a "regular" DNS server instead, e.g. google or cloudflare.

If you want a docker container to use the pi-hole server, you can add the option --dns=<pi-hole ip-address> in the extra parameters field of the container.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, chancedonmillion said:

I was running into the same issue. Docker Version "not available"

In my case Fix Common Problems plugin was reporting "Unable to communicate with GitHub.com".

This issue surfaced after setting unbound Pi-hole as the DNS on my home network.

My workaround was as follows.

1. disable VM and docker in unraid settings

2. change the DNS in unraid IP settings to 1.1.1.1 (use whatever DNS you'd like) rather than my home router IP / Pi-hole

3. re-enable VMs and docker in unraid settings

4. toggle advanced view and force update containers in the docker tab of unraid

After the following the above steps all contains show as up to date and are auto updating again.

How do I change the DNS in UNraid IP

Same here for me, started yesterday. Yesterday i clicked on "check for updates" and mariadb and collabora came up with an update. Only collabora showed not available. After updating mariadb I thought, ok, your internet has stability issues anyways, check again tomorrow. And today it shows the following. Not all are unavailable and Collabora shows a update now. Weird!

grafik.png.7024250c428f0d9f1bb7b8031e1d39a2.png

I've checked pihole if anything came up in the query log, but nothing is blocked. I updated all packages on pihole (on a pi4), updated unbounds local root config, restarted the pi and rechecked for updates. Now only netdata and collabora showed an update, no unavailable ones. Updating netdata wen't fine, recheck for updates and only collabora left with an update. Looks like it works again for me.

I too experienced this for the first time a few days ago on Unraid 6.9.1. All of my containers read "not available" for their respective versions. I am not using Pi-hole and fiddling with DNS and stopping/starting the Docker service did not fix the issue so I left it be.

Today, I tried to manually "Check for Updates" under the Docker tab and, after an uncomfortably long wait, all of the correct version numbers were back. I was able then to successfully update all containers.

• 1 month later...