Key File URL replacement

I bought a pro license back in Nov 2019 but only ended up using my server for about 3 months.

So I tore apart the computer but now I just spent about $1200+ building a new one for plex and other VMs. 

Since I wanted to start over fresh, I formatted the original USB and installed unraid again on it.

I didn't know that I needed to back up the Key File URL so now I cant activate my new server. Please help me and lmk what to do.

4 minutes ago, Dimitri Meimaridis said:

I bought a pro license back in Nov 2019 but only ended up using my server for about 3 months.

So I tore apart the computer but now I just spent about $1200+ building a new one for plex and other VMs. 

Since I wanted to start over fresh, I formatted the original USB and installed unraid again on it.

I didn't know that I needed to back up the Key File URL so now I cant activate my new server. Please help me and lmk what to do.

email [email protected] and we'll resend your key.  Include GUID or original email to make it easier to find your account.

13 hours ago, limetech said:

email [email protected] and we'll resend your key.  Include GUID or original email to make it easier to find your account.

I did that last night but i forgot to include the GUID of the USB. Should I resend the email with that included or just wait for a response? Also, how long will it take to get this issue resolved because right now I have about 60TB worth of hard drives and another $1500+ or so in equipment not being used and just collecting dust. I can post the GUID here of send it directly to you if that would speed up the process.

10 minutes ago, Dimitri Meimaridis said:

I still have yet to get a reply. How long does it usually take to get a response? And it a staff or moderator sees this, please don't just answer this question. Please also offer advise on what to do.

Your key was sent to your hotmail account several hours ago.

2 minutes ago, limetech said:

Your key was sent to your hotmail account several hours ago.

I have been checking my email every 30 minutes and I didn’t have anything. I forgot to check my junk... such a rookie mistake. Thank you for your support and I’m sorry if I came across as mean or anything like that. I was just getting frustrated that I spend all this money and now only a $130 key was holding me back 😂😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dimitri Meimaridis said:

Is that key a permanent file? What I mean is can I save that file and URL on some other device and have it work again should I do this by accident again. And I do mean on the same USB device. 

Yes.    It is normal (and recommended) that you keep a copy elsewhere in case you ever have to recreate the contents of the flash drive for any reason.

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Yes.    It is normal (and recommended) that you keep a copy elsewhere in case you ever have to recreate the contents of the flash drive for any reason.

Better yet, from Main click on Flash and then Flash Backup to download entire contents of the usb flash boot device.

You can also run a User Script (user scripts plugin) to back up whatever you want.  I run this daily, to a Dropbox share.

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/rsync -avXHg --delete /boot/ /mnt/user/Dropbox/unraid_BootUSB_Backup;
chmod 777 -R /mnt/user/Dropbox/unraid_BootUSB_Backup;