SOLVED Unable to mount cache: Unsupported partition layout

tldr; By removing the partition and letting it sit in the array, it finally gave me the option to format at the bottom which fixed itself.

So yesterday I finally finished building my new server and loaded up unraid for the first time ever.  Right now I have 1 nvme, 2 SSDs, and 3 HDDs.  I started with the nvme as the cache drive and 1 hdd as parity and 2 hdds in the pool.  Everything was working well, then I decided to add the 2 SSDs to the nvme to create a cache pool.  That worked, but then I decided the SSDs might slow down the nvme and it probably wasn't necessary.  Where I went wrong was just unassigning the 2 SSDs and leaving the nvme.  Unraid did not like this.  In the wee hours of the morning I tried various blkdiscard and btrfs device remove commands to no success.  I have tried removing the partitions and formatting in xfs and btrfs and no matter what it says Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout and under cache it says unknown partition format.  I formatted it as xfs and ran the following which didn't help either.

root@ZUnraid:~# xfs_repair -v /dev/nvme0n1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
.found candidate secondary superblock...
unable to verify superblock, continuing...

Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock
Exiting now.

I am at a loss now.  I don't have another device with an nvme slot to try this drive in.  I could make a live cd with some partition tools but I'm at a loss on how to get this added back in.  Unassigned devices has no issue formatting the drive or removing the partition so I'm not sure what it's complaining about.  Halp!

Edited by Shane01638
Solved