Install docker containers that aren't in Community Apps

Hi all.

I guess this post would be better in the Docker sub-forum yet for some reason I cannot start a topic in that forum, so apologies in advance for posting in General.

To the point:

atemu12/backblaze-personal-wine-docker

I am rather curious about this docker as a BackBlaze Personal user myself. However, I am not adept at command lines (well, not since MS-DOS at least) and wouldn't know how. Mostly I use Community Applications to install dockers.

How does one go about installing a docker that isn't in the community applications app? I assume through the server terminal or ssh?

Also, if I am understanding this correctly:

docker run \ --rm \ --init \ -p '5900:5900' \ -v 'backblaze:/wine/' \ -v '/dir/you/want/to/back/up/:/wine/drive_d/' \ atemu12/backblaze-personal-wine

docker run \
--rm \
--init \
-p '5900:5900' \
-v 'backblaze:/wine/' \
-v '/dir/you/want/to/back/up/:/wine/drive_d/' \
atemu12/backblaze-personal-wine

and I want to backup all my shares, I'd have to change this to:

docker run \
--rm \
--init \
-p '5900:5900' \
-v 'backblaze:/wine/' \
-v '/mnt/user/:/wine/drive_d/' \
atemu12/backblaze-personal-wine

Does that sound correct?

You can install this under Community Applications if you have advanced settings enabled for docker hub searching. CA will do it's best to parse and present what settings it thinks the docker app needs. You should try that approach first and see how it does.

Just now, BRiT said:

You can install this under Community Applications if you have advanced settings enabled for docker hub searching. CA will do it's best to parse and present what settings it thinks the docker app needs. You should try that approach first and see how it does.

Was unaware of such fact. Thanks for the tip. I will give it a go.

Enter in the following search phrase to search for, then click the Whale with text underneath it saying to "Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub",  atemu12/backblaze-personal-wine

Edited by BRiT
updated repo name as indicated by repo owner
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of containers that aren't present in the CA Application, the easy way that i found to install them, was using Portainer, its pretty easy to configure and let you personalize most of the parameters of the container, even docker compose if you like.